Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Changing the rear axles in the RZR!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Changing the rear axles in the RZR! Empty
PostSubject: Changing the rear axles in the RZR!   Changing the rear axles in the RZR! EmptyTue May 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Got out and found a rear axle poping and both rear bearings shot so I did a little maintenance.

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Redrzrrider
Moderate Mudder
Redrzrrider

PostSubject: Re: Changing the rear axles in the RZR!   Changing the rear axles in the RZR! EmptyTue May 27, 2014 9:21 pm

Good how too video. Anyone with a rzr that rides much will be needing to do this.  Changing the rear axles in the RZR! 108521
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: Changing the rear axles in the RZR!   Changing the rear axles in the RZR! EmptyWed May 28, 2014 5:37 am

Good VD!
Back to top Go down
Muddy Melvin
Lite Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Changing the rear axles in the RZR!   Changing the rear axles in the RZR! EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:49 am

Great video. Have a question though dose the axle nut need to be torqued on just tightened up good.
Back to top Go down
Redrzrrider
Moderate Mudder
Redrzrrider

PostSubject: Re: Changing the rear axles in the RZR!   Changing the rear axles in the RZR! EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:10 am

Torque nut to 80 ftlbs. and make sure cupped side of the two washers face the hub.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Changing the rear axles in the RZR!   Changing the rear axles in the RZR! EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:46 pm

Thanks guys, as for specs I usually leave that out because with each year it seems the specs vary but the job is close to the same so I try to make the videos more universal.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr
Lite Mudder
jerrzr

PostSubject: Re: Changing the rear axles in the RZR!   Changing the rear axles in the RZR! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:32 am

Nice vid! Awesome for you to make these kind of vids to help people out- I like seeing that. The only thing I do different is add some vasoline to the rear diff axle seal when inserting the axle. Seems to help it seal better and last a little longer.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Changing the rear axles in the RZR!   Changing the rear axles in the RZR! EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 7:34 am

I didn't think about Vaseline, I normally just put a little gear oil on it. I didn't show that in the vid though.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr
Lite Mudder
jerrzr

PostSubject: Re: Changing the rear axles in the RZR!   Changing the rear axles in the RZR! EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 11:43 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
I didn't think about Vaseline, I normally just put a little gear oil on it. I didn't show that in the vid though.

brother, its best just to change out the seals every time! not very expensive and easy to do with alot of peace of mind if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing the rear axles in the RZR!   Changing the rear axles in the RZR! Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing the rear axles in the RZR!
Page 1 of 1