Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Color Blindness Test

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Color Blindness Test Empty
PostSubject: Color Blindness Test   Color Blindness Test EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:55 am

I found this online and found it interesting!!

What causes color vision deficiency?

Color deficiency is usually an inherited condition, but disease and injury can also result in color recognition loss.

Usually, color deficiency is an inherited condition caused by a common X-linked recessive gene, which is passed from a mother to her son. But disease or injury damaging the optic nerve or retina can also result in loss of color recognition. Some specific diseases that can cause color deficits are:

* diabetes
* glaucoma
* macular degeneration
* Alzheimer's disease
* Parkinson's disease
* multiple sclerosis
* chronic alcoholism
* leukemia
* sickle cell anemia

Other causes for color vision deficiency include:

* Medications - certain medications such as drugs used to treat heart problems, high blood pressure, infections, nervous disorders and psychological problems can affect color vision.

* Aging - the ability to see colors can gradually lessen with age.

* Chemical Exposure - contact with certain chemicals such as fertilizers and styrene have been known to cause loss of color vision.

In the majority of cases, genetics is the predominate cause for color deficiency. About 8% of Caucasian males are born with some degree of color deficiency. Women are typically just carriers of the color deficient gene, though approximately 0.5% of women have color vision deficiency. When the deficiency is hereditary, the severity generally remains constant throughout life. Inherited color vision deficiency does not lead to additional vision loss or blindness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
450R
Heavy Mudder
450R

Color Blindness Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Color Blindness Test   Color Blindness Test EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 pm

That is pretty interesting. I am gonna get my little boy to try that as soon as I get back home.
Back to top Go down

Color Blindness Test
Page 1 of 1