Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Rhino Fuel Pump

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Moe
Lite Mudder
Uncle Moe

Rhino Fuel Pump Empty
PostSubject: Rhino Fuel Pump   Rhino Fuel Pump EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 11:57 pm

Anyone had experience replacing the Rhino fuel pump? I have a 2005 660, and pump appears to be dead.

Does the 450 and 660 use the same pump?
Replace with OEM or aftermarket? (Mikuni sells a high volume replacement for 54.00)
Vacumn or electric?

Also while trying to diagnose start failure, I noticed that the small wires inside the plug wire boot that hold the top of the plug seem to have a lot of play. The plug is loose but still seems to fire o.k.
Cheap fix?

Thanks for any info.
Back to top Go down
dcfox
Moderate Mudder
dcfox

Rhino Fuel Pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fuel Pump   Rhino Fuel Pump EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:09 am

stay with a vacuum pump.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Rhino Fuel Pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fuel Pump   Rhino Fuel Pump EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm

the local dealer sales NGK spark plug caps (boots) that thread onto the old wire for about 3 bucks each.. Just thread the old one off and the new one on..

As for pump I am still running stock with 4 years and 2600 miles, no issues..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Uncle Moe
Lite Mudder
Uncle Moe

Rhino Fuel Pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fuel Pump   Rhino Fuel Pump EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:03 am

About two weeks ago I broke the plastic T (fuel return) on top of the fuel tank when I put the passenger seat back on. I was a pretty far from the truck so we sealed the return side of the T and sealed off the return line. It started and ran fine so I drove it back in (about two miles). The next day when I started up, it died when I began to accelerate. Re-started and same result. Made it about fifty feet.
I wonder if the return line being sealed off caused the fuel pump to fail? Got new pump installed, also got an aluminum fuel T from Moose(half price of OEM plastic. Headed this a.m. to the local shop to pick up a new plug boot.
Hopefully, this will get be back in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Moe
Lite Mudder
Uncle Moe

Rhino Fuel Pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fuel Pump   Rhino Fuel Pump EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:41 pm

The Rhino Lives! New fuel pump and new NGK plug boot, and we're back in the woods! Thanks for the advice and tips!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Rhino Fuel Pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fuel Pump   Rhino Fuel Pump EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Thats awesome bro! I'm glad you got it back together... Rhino Fuel Pump 882448
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Sponsored content

Rhino Fuel Pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fuel Pump   Rhino Fuel Pump Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino Fuel Pump
Page 1 of 1