Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Aux Fuel containers and rack mount

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flatlander
Beginner
Flatlander

Aux Fuel containers and rack mount Empty
PostSubject: Aux Fuel containers and rack mount   Aux Fuel containers and rack mount EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:32 am

All:

Can anyone give a heads up on Aux fuel tanks. I have read up on Koplin and others and there is a real mix of reveiws
Koplin seems to leak and people have to buy seperate caps

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Aux Fuel containers and rack mount   Aux Fuel containers and rack mount EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:14 pm

I have Rotopax twin set that mount on the front of atv with universal mounting plates, amde well, no problems. Would buy again.
Back to top Go down
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder
NCMudman

PostSubject: Re: Aux Fuel containers and rack mount   Aux Fuel containers and rack mount EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:01 pm

I've had my rotopax 4 gallon fuel pack for going on 3 years, love it!!
Back to top Go down
Flatlander
Beginner
Flatlander

PostSubject: Re: Aux Fuel containers and rack mount   Aux Fuel containers and rack mount EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:13 am

Great Gents

Thank you for offering youre experiances It is very much appreciated !!

With the ability to go for much longer rides up by you I would think the costing would offset peace of mind !!

Two weeks from today amd the Mecca north starts

Sorry Guys there goes youre neighborhood!
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Aux Fuel containers and rack mount   Aux Fuel containers and rack mount EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Even a one gallon can securely strapped can be a difference between riding and walking.
Back to top Go down
Flatlander
Beginner
Flatlander

PostSubject: Re: Aux Fuel containers and rack mount   Aux Fuel containers and rack mount EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks But I have flipped enough soft sided coolers over my head ( coming from the back rack being held with the supplied Velcro straps) not to do it right But it seems many like the Roto Pax products They have a good back order list right now Hopefully they will fill my order Two 2 gallon/ and the large flat plate mount to hold the two of them I am sure I may have to drill a couple of holes to get it to match up. Not a big deal I am putting this on Her machine 2012 Grizzly 550 with EPS, ITP SS ITP Terra Cross Radials HMF QRS header and Pipe HMF Flash Tuner and Voyager GPS with only 80 mile on it Santa was good this year Santa passed on my upgrade request this year I still ride my 2008 Grizzly 450 with HMF QRS header and pipe Re Jeted ITP SS and Mud Lights So I say let here carry the gas and I need to speak to Santa!!

Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Aux Fuel containers and rack mount   Aux Fuel containers and rack mount EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:48 pm

DrMud wrote:
Even a one gallon can securely strapped can be a difference between riding and walking.
Aux Fuel containers and rack mount 9695
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Aux Fuel containers and rack mount   Aux Fuel containers and rack mount EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:40 pm

If those are ITP mudlites stock up on a bunch of tire plugs, they seem to be sensitive to rocks in the mountains, and portable air pump.
Back to top Go down
Flatlander
Beginner
Flatlander

PostSubject: Re: Aux Fuel containers and rack mount   Aux Fuel containers and rack mount EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:59 am

Doc

I have I guess had good luck so far But yes I have a compressor and will check the stock of plugs and wennies When I purchased the new 550 and since have the ridding areas are clossed down here I opted for more of a Hill /Rock terrain tire

But you are correct there are a lot of bare areas post the paddles so to speak that a sharp rock can easily find its way through.....

Good call Keep em coming If you think of anything else to add to my short list
Please do
Winch Check
Extra Fuel Working on it no return call from roto pax Bummer
GPS Two
Hand Held radios Check
Tow Strap Check
Compressor Check
Tire Plugs Checking stock
Hand Tools Check
First aid kit Check

Thanks again

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aux Fuel containers and rack mount   Aux Fuel containers and rack mount Empty

Back to top Go down

Aux Fuel containers and rack mount
Page 1 of 1