Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Pickett Sunday September 4th?

Go down 
+7
Moto92
imbill
Big Dog Daddy
dino
DrMud
RedRzr
Mud-and-Guts
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

Pickett Sunday September 4th? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett Sunday September 4th?   Pickett Sunday September 4th? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:57 am

Redrzr took some pics and video. He should be putting them up soon.

We left the store around 9:00 cst.
Went straight to the hauler. Jeff will have some video of that.
Left there and went to what I think Jeff called the sand stone. Jeff got some video of that also. Jeff went up it. Bill got stuck on a big stump, but we got him off of that. Me and Dillon went around while Bill was stuck. From there went to Arch rock and got some pics there. Went on to the lake near WOW overlook. On the way there Jeff let a mud hole get him. Got him out and then when we got to the lake I rolled mine onto the passenger side. Pics coming soon. No damage to unit or humans. Left there and went to WOW overlook and ran thru a few sprinkles of rain. Left overlook and stopped near Carpenter's rock play area. Took a look at the sky and decided it was time to head back to the trucks. shortly after we started back the rains came. Dillon got stuck on the way back, but Jeff pulled him out with his strong back and a strap. Did I mention it was raining, I mean pouring. Stopped at the barn on the way back for a break from the rain. After it let up we headed to the trucks. Total ride was 37 miles. Loaded up and headed to the house at about 4:00 cst. It was a good ride. Ready for the next one. Hope to see more of you there.
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Sunday September 4th?   Pickett Sunday September 4th? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:50 am

Started the day at 9am. left the store and headed up to the sand mines, driving
pretty slow because the dust was terrible. Made our way down to trail 16 and headed
down to the carhauler which went pretty uneventful, until steve took over the fourwheeler
from dillon to go down the rock below the carhauler and almosback t took out the camera.
The next incident was not too bad, bill just didn't get turned up the rock quick enough coming
out of 16 almost to trail 1, just had to have a little extra weight on the drivers side to get up.
We then went back to arch rock for a couple of pics and then headed down trail 1 enroute to the
lake, which was a pretty slow trek due to the dust. Everything was fine till Big Dog Daddy decided
to take a unusual line down right at the lake, which didn't turn out too well(see pics).
After we got the rhino back on its wheels we took a short lunch break lakeside. We then headed out
on around trail 104 back to the gravel, while enroute I came upon a mudhole, but that didn't work
out too well as bill had to pull me out(sorry no pic of this due to mud) but a big thanks to dillon for hooking
me up.Then we headed down to the wow overlook, started back out and that is when we felt a few sprinkles,
so we decided to head back to the store before it started raining too hard, ran up on JodyT about carpenters
rock, then headed on down trail 3 when the rain started and that ended our ride with everyone getting soaked
except us thanks to our fold down windshield which got folded up. Ended up with about 38 miles on the clock
and some new friends,and I hope everyone enjoyed as much as I did.

Pickett Sunday September 4th? - Page 3 Th_DSCF0923

Video

Last edited by RedRzr on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Sunday September 4th?   Pickett Sunday September 4th? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Will try and make the next one, to risk the drive, dust, rain all needs to be good. Maybe I can get Moto to come with me. Look forward to the pics and vids, wife seemed to enjoy the horse camping trip, rained here too.
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Sunday September 4th?   Pickett Sunday September 4th? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:23 pm

great pics and video !
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Sunday September 4th?   Pickett Sunday September 4th? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:17 pm

It was good ridin with you guys we need to do it again !!!! thanks RedRZR for being the lead !!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Sunday September 4th?   Pickett Sunday September 4th? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:04 am

Sounds and looks like you all had a great ride! Sorry I couldn't make it but we will have to plan another real soon!

A big thanks to Jeff for taking care of everything!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickett Sunday September 4th?   Pickett Sunday September 4th? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickett Sunday September 4th?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3