Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

RZR Fire Last Night

Go down 
+7
Bluedevil
MattN03
dino
Big Dog Daddy
ky kodiak
Mud-and-Guts
DrMud
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

RZR Fire Last Night Empty
PostSubject: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Conditions: Heavy heavy clay mud, in a pine forest, leaf forest. I was going up this clay path with about a three inch soft clay mud and was roosting my son for some payback from all the times he got me with the Outlaws...he yelled me down, that I was on fire, get out get....he is a volunteer fireman now.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:38 pm

So I get out, and underneath the bed, not sure where yet, either behind the muffler shield or on top of the motor, It looked ike to me it was more on top of the motor, sure enough glowing red like a piece of burning coal, the motor is shut off, we open the storage and grab a bottle of gatorade and get it out, my son the fireman did this, only about a half a bottle too, we had drank some of it. SO he did good.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:42 pm

Yes, I know, we need a fire extinhuisher....I got one for Chistmas, from my wife, because she was on her secondRZR ride and a buddy on mines RZR caught on fire from leaves and mud on the muffler and she saw that one, they got it out ok too.

But anyway, while I got the new backup light mounted, not wired, I have not put the fire extinguisher on the RZR yet.

So we have the glow out, no water anywhere, a pond about a tenth of a mile away, we head to it, about half way son is like go...go...on fire again....so I hammered it and hit the pond, water splashing everywhere...fire is out.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 pm

SOn said stuff was dripping out and hitting the ground on the way to the pond, now I need to pull off more plastic and see if anything is burned or if that was mud stuff falling out.

One hour inspection last night cannot fin any damages but will spend time today and post back.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 pm

That sucks brother, you got me wondering... worried... I hope there is no damages..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:01 pm

I have heard of several of the 800's that have caught fire due to build up of leaves and such near the exhaust header. affraid

Thanks goodness he was behind you and seen it in time!!
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Sounds like you got one hot machine. lol just kidding. Glad nobody got hurt. Hope you get this all figured out and it doesn't continue to happen.
Back to top Go down
dino
Moderate Mudder
dino

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:09 pm

I have always been concerned about build up on the exhaust system. Please let us know what you find
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 pm

had to be the exhaust header.....but pulling it all apart ws not in vain...have a beather tube hose with a slit in it...will post a pic later..trying to get it back togethor...eating a sandwhich..
Back to top Go down
dino
Moderate Mudder
dino

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:29 pm

That's what caused Sponge's engine rebuild
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:35 pm

What size breather hose is it? pics of its attachments would be awesome, sounds like we all need to replace that hose or all of them with better quality hoses.
Back to top Go down
dino
Moderate Mudder
dino

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:50 pm

I replaced my rubber hoses on top of the engine with fuel hose. It has tougher outside
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:00 pm

dino wrote:
I replaced my rubber hoses on top of the engine with fuel hose. It has tougher outside

Looks like I will be doing the same.. what size is it?
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Man, hope it's okay Mike. I need to get a extinguisher on mine too, just in case.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Here is a pic of the hose.

RZR Fire Last Night DSC01506
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Maybe a rub spot, but I doubt it.

RZR Fire Last Night DSC01509
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Another look, been this way for awhile

RZR Fire Last Night DSC01501
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 pm

The screw driver distorts the angle of the hose, the split was on top of the hose, almost makes me wonder if somebody knifed it through the open hole in the bed, just right under it, easy to do. Could have been done before I bought it or even at the factory, who know, the area that split was not in the bend. Just conjecture on my part, not accusing, makes a person wonder though, I had the cover cap on it for most of my owner ship time.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Edit: all on hold until I hear back from Dealership.

Last edited by DrMud on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 pm

That sucks brother.. I hope all is fixed now?
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:07 pm

dino wrote:
That's what caused Sponge's engine rebuild

That was the reason that I took time to pull the bed out, I had to know if the fire burned any hoses. I actually could not even find a burn mark anywhere, and there were leaves down in the motor, so if this area was on fire those leaves would have burned, had to be in the muffler/shield combo burn out.

Just impossible to clean these things, to many holes, nooks, and crannies.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 pm

If a person know where to reach, you can run your hand up there and check this hose, if it is getting dirty, then you have a hole or a split.
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 pm

I think I will get a fire extinguisher before the next ride! after all of this It's got me worried about my bike.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 pm

bluedevil, We all need a fire extinguisher, I caught my Grizz on fire a few years ago, due to leaves, I am a fanatic leaf cleaner after that.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:30 pm

RZR Fire Last Night DSC01507
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR Fire Last Night   RZR Fire Last Night Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR Fire Last Night
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next