Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

July 17 Pickett ride Discussion

Go down 
+7
GunRunner
away
RIDERED
450R
spud
lt.rubicon
Mud-and-Guts
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:34 pm

spud wrote:
sorry cant make this one got to work all weekend hope everyone has a good time.

Sorry to hear that but we will catch you next time July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 882448
Back to top Go down
450R
Heavy Mudder
450R

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Sorry to hear spud.

Its not looking good for me either, I am still working on it, so we will see
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 pm

RIDERED wrote:
spud wrote:
sorry cant make this one got to work all weekend hope everyone has a good time.

Sorry to hear that but we will catch you next time July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 882448

X3
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
away
Beginner
away

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:39 am

Add 3 to the list!!!!!! July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 634495

Adrian-4X4 Rancher
Steph-4X4 Rancher
Jeremiah-150 Honda dirt bike

See you at Wally World.......where can I find info on Pickett?

Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:40 am

July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 634495 :arrow: Tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:41 am

away wrote:
Add 3 to the list!!!!!! July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 634495

Adrian-4X4 Rancher
Steph-4X4 Rancher

See you at Wally World.......where can I find info on Pickett?

What kind of info are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
away
Beginner
away

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:44 am

Is there anything on the web......what is Pickett ......a park.....etc???

I just know its close and the little woman said its time to ride!!!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:47 am

away wrote:
Is there anything on the web......what is Pickett ......a park.....etc???

I just know its close and the little woman said its time to ride!!!

Honestly I don't know I have never looked.. But yes we will be going in from Pickett state Park in Jamestown TN...
Back to top Go down
away
Beginner
away

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:07 am

What is the address of the wal-mart?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:15 am

539 East Central Avenue, Jamestown - (931) 879-4975

Google shows this the address to the one on the bypass...
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:17 am

away wrote:

What is the address of the wal-mart?

where are you coming from ? Its at the corner of hwy 127 and 52
Back to top Go down
away
Beginner
away

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 am

Thanks guys. Got it 2 hrs and 14 min from my house. See you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Beginner
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:21 am

So when you ride picket where do you park your rigs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.southernrzrriders.com
blu-knight
Beginner
blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:23 am

Okay you can add two more SxS's to the list. I will be there with my RZR and my dad will be there with his Rhino. See you Saturday morning at Wal-Mart
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 pm

GunRunner wrote:
So when you ride picket where do you park your rigs?

There is a parking lot we can use and we can also park along the road! It depends on the size of the group where we park...
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:12 pm

blu-knight wrote:
Okay you can add two more SxS's to the list. I will be there with my RZR and my dad will be there with his Rhino. See you Saturday morning at Wal-Mart

away wrote:

Thanks guys. Got it 2 hrs and 14 min from my house. See you tomorrow.

That's awesome guys! We will see you there...
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
It looks like we will hit Pickett on July 17 at 9am cst.

Ride List so far...

Me and my son
450R with his son maybe
RideRed + 5
lt.rubicon + 2
4wheelinexpeditions
Adrian-4X4 Rancher(away)
Steph-4X4 Rancher
sstandefer + 1 maybe 2
Blu-Knight-RZR
Ole-Dragon-Rhino
Big-R Maybe

Keep this thread updated if you want to ride and I will try to keep this list updated..

Updated
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:18 am

I am loading up the trailer guys.. I am planning on leaving here by 5:30 so I will see you there..
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:24 am

July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 728588 July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 607716
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:52 am

First off it was great to meet everyone and I hope we can meet for another ride someday when the cards are right... I hope everything got better after we left.. It has sure been a mess I just now got home...

"bubba" broke his upper arm clean and shattered his elbow so it may be a while before we see him back on the trails.. He is scheduled for surgery in the morning hours... (He and 450r say their next trip out they will have a cage around them)..

For those who was not their:

The morning started out great "450R" drives a truck and did not get in till after 2am in the morning so he just got ready (with no sleep) and meet me and "bubba" at my house at 4:30. Us three and my oldest son left my house at a few minutes after 5am (which was earlier than the planned 5:30). We got to wal-mart around 7am with no issues and the day was looking great.. About ten till eight we had 11 bikes sitting at wal-mart and I received a phone call from "ridered" They had a starter go out on one of the trucks in their chain but they had gotten it fixed and was now running a little late.. We decided to head to the park where we would unload and wait on them..

At the park we got another phone call from "ridered" they had a wheel lock up on a truck but had gotten it fixed and was back on track just a little later so we decided to ride down by the lake and let everyone see the sites while we waited.. Upon everyones arrival I lead us off looking for a none exsistant trail.. After several miles of riding gravel road we decided it was best to cut our loses and back track to the main trail entrance..

On the main trail we traveled maybe 10-15minutes when we got a call on the radio someone had crashed so we turned around to find "bubba" sitting on the ground holding his arm saying he thought it was broke.. We quickly decided it would be best for me to take "450r"'s 450r back to get the truck and return for the rest of the bikes... After getting my truck down the trail turned around (not an easy task), and everything loaded up we headed out on a slow journey to the Jamestown ER.. Upon arrival we admitted "bubba" and seeing only one visitor is allowed at a time we let 450r go with him so I could set in the lobby with my son..

Shortly after we decided to go out and sit in the truck where I found the trailer wiring had hung up and we no longer had trailer lights nor did we have brake lights on the truck.. With a little help from some black tape I pieced the trailer wiring back together, replaced two fuses which were blown, and searched for an hour trying to find out why we had no brake lights.. I finally found when the wires had shorted out apparently it had blown the brake switch on the pedal.. After removing the switch and pulling it apart I took my knife and scraped the contact surface to show some fresh metal and got it working..

After we got home and got the trailer unloaded me and Austin headed back to Cookeville to pick my twins up from the hospital and bring them home..

Guys this has been a long day! I guarantee we will remember this day for a long time...

So who's got the Pic's? I think I might have one or two from the lake..

July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 728588
Back to top Go down
spud
Moderate Mudder

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:57 am

sorry to hear about all the bad luck.who is bubba?hope your twins are doing ok.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:13 am

spud wrote:
sorry to hear about all the bad luck.who is bubba?hope your twins are doing ok.

The twins are fine my wife just took them too the hospital to check on "bubba". "bubba" is Stacy my brother-in-law, he is registered on here as "bubba" he checks in regularly but I don't think he has made a post.

Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:27 am

I guess I should have mentioned how it happened...

"bubba" had a tierod end fall apart on his Honda running about 15mph down the trail which caused his left front tire to turn hard to the left while his right was still pointing strait.. When this happened I guess it acted like a brake and slung all his weight forward causing it to bite harder and him to hit the accelerator.. He shot strait to the left when this happened and jumped a 5ft strait up/down bank which shot him about 5ft into the air where the bike flipped and dumped him.. When he landed he landed on his right arm and the bike landed beside him.. He is now in the cookeville hospital awaiting surgery on his elbow.. It broke his upper arm clean but his elbow is shattered..
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
Beginner
blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:28 am

Well I am sorry Bubba had the misfortune of a broken bone. I wish him well. We still had a descent ride after you all left. I got to see the car hauler which Pickett is famous for. I hope next time out we can make an even better ride. Over all we had fun and that is what it is all about. I will get some pictures posted up later. Thanks again Neil. Also it was great to meet some new riders and look forward to riding with everyone again.

Chad
Back to top Go down
sstandefer
Beginner
sstandefer

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Our Prayers are with Bubba for qucik recovery
Back to top Go down
http://www.s3ATVSalvage.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 17 Pickett ride Discussion   July 17 Pickett ride Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 17 Pickett ride Discussion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next