Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

I jumped the RZR Train!

Go down 
+18
damn yankees
harmonsrhino
Big Dog Daddy
RIDERED
The Big Show
xcracer
roadiestar
oldmustangjunkie
Bluedevil
MattN03
ky kodiak
Foxracing74
dino
imbill
DrMud
RedRzr
Sponge
Mud-and-Guts
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Got the UTV INC bumper/cage extension installed and ready to ride!

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_1613

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_1614

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_1615
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
mudslinger
Heavy Mudder
mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:09 am

looks awesome man. you gonna put a spare tire carrier on the back?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:27 am

mudslinger wrote:
looks awesome man. you gonna put a spare tire carrier on the back?

Most likely brother,maybe a few days but.. lol
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm

THATS SURE PURDY has it ever been dirty ??
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 pm

imbill wrote:

Just the tires. Hehe. lol
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Big Dog Daddy wrote:
imbill wrote:

Just the tires. Hehe. lol

Thats about right.. I been riding in the creek so it stays clean but I am afraid after all this rain and Saturdays ride I may have a busy Sunday cleaning... lol Can't wait to do some riding... I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 9695
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:42 pm

get the wife to clean it !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:36 am

I installed the RacerTech seat bases getting here ready for todays ride at Pickett.

Here is a photo with one stock seat base and one racertech installed..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 487284_548644268492677_1417369204_n

After the bases were installed I got out and got here muddy on a little night ride last night. I told my wife I would be gone about an hour but I rode about 2.5 hours and the weather was so nice I did not want to call it a day but I finally did. Everything worked together great and I can't wait to get some more seat time in this thing but I did find a few more items it needs.. One is a storage box, two is a radio, three is the cage needs chopped (way to much room between my head and the cage now), four is this thing needs some clutch work (it seems I smell the belt trying to slip when running hard in high range), and the EMP switch panel is to close to my knees so I think I will re-drill the holes and mount it back under the dash an inch or so for more leg room.. But for now it is ready for Pickett.. I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 880414
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:07 pm

during clean up I found several battle scars but the worst was I found one hole in each of my seats due to the seats rubbing on the original door bar bracket, it sucks I found it this way and did not notice it before but I modified it so now it has plenty of clearance with the seat slide back as far as it will go.. If you have aftermarket seats you may want to check this..

Here is the bracket that I modified before modifying..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 419207_550111481679289_272303653_n

This is after modifing..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 602099_550111841679253_1726794572_n

and this is the clearance after..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 69249_550112055012565_1077250110_n
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Installed the JodyT mud guards and tried them out... they work great.. Very Happy

Took the kids for about an 1.5 hour ride and had a little fun then pulled it back in the garage and pulled the front suspension a part with 105 on the od. To my surprise the axles were greased good and very little to no trash and moisture was in the axle splines.. Wish I could say that for the shocks, the shocks were as dry as a bone and pretty rusty.. I cleaned everything real good and put it back together with some fresh grease.. I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 634495
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Found both my EMP mirror brackets where broke this weekend so I made some simple steel brackets.. The still easily turnin and out but the bolts have to be loosened to adjust them up and down which is not an issue with me.. They are more stable now, vibrate a lot less, and still fully adjustable..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 886351_559096844114086_1669105011_o

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 882257_559089937448110_487370740_o
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Got a little done today.. First I install the Boss MC500 system in the RZR for some tunes but initial plans of mounting it in the glove compartment were a bust when I found out the remote did not work.. I contacted Boss and they said to send the unit in and they would fix it but seeing I am not real fond of remotes and everything else seems to work I decided to mount it to the roof in an enclosure to help protect it... It sounds great with the sd card and supports up to a four GB card so looks like I will be ordering a 4gb card my 1gb is a little small and everything else I got is to big.. lol After installing the radio I let it play while I cleaned the bike up..

The wire velcro'ed to the bottom of the enclosure is for use with an MP3 player, phone, or etc.. I used the velcro to mount it so if I ever want to use it it is easily accessible..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_2810

With that done..

I have been having issues with my knee hitting my EMP switch/fuse panel and switching my switches on so I drilled four new holes and recessed the panel back 3/4" and it clears fine now with no issues..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_2910

And you might have noticed in the last pic I removed all the warning stickers from the dash and the one from the cargo area.. Not a big deal but without the help of wd-40 it would have been a headache.

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_2911

Here is a photo of the JodyT mud guards.. These things are awesome, very little mud gets past them and hits me in the back of the head now... lol He even marked the holes that needed to be drilled so I drilled them and tookh his advise and used the factory push pins to mount them.. I used four push pins and one small screw in each guard.. I used the pins on each end and one screw to attach the guard to the factory flares and help hold them up when packed with mud.. I did have to modify them a little to work with my UTVINC cage extension but it was a simple cut..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_2912

Here is a photo of the AMR Racing Eclipse head light eyes.. These were a real easy install and give it a mean custom look..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_2811

Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Here's a couple posers at the end of the day..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_2913

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_2914
Back to top Go down
JodyT
Moderate Mudder
JodyT

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Looks good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 8:23 am

Was drilling the glove box side holes very difficult when recessing the Switch panel? I keep hitting the one closest to my knee also, a little space might make a significant difference.

Did you redrill the switch panel or the RZR?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks Jody, the guards are great!

DrMud wrote:
Was drilling the glove box side holes very difficult when recessing the Switch panel? I keep hitting the one closest to my knee also, a little space might make a significant difference.

Did you redrill the switch panel or the RZR?

Dr.. I drilled the RZR and with my angle drill and had very little trouble.. A regular drill would be tight and would have to drill at an angle so I used the angle drill so I could drill strait.. I wanted to drill the panel but the cuts in the panel to tighten the bolts would have been off requiring more work to get it to work.. It was just easier to drill the RZR.. I set the panel in place and drilled the first hole then measured it and marked the other three on the inside and drilled from the inside out holding the wires up with me wrist making sure they did not hit the drill. Mine ended up being 3/4" inch recessed and now my knee seems to clear fine and everything works great. Before when getting out my knee would flip the closest switch on and on occasion on the trails it would flip it on or off.... lol

Here's another pic..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 480296_561456103878160_1576350546_n
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Got out this afternoon and Installed the Racertech chassis sleeves in the RZR and found with 150 miles on the rzr, the rear shock pivots were not only squeaking but the were dry and all but froze. After a little elbow grease and some water proof grease they freed up and No longer squeak. Got to love the Polaris quality...
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Installed the Maier black carbon fiber scooped hood tonight but kinda wish I had gotten the regular black now.. May have to do a little painting... what do you think?

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Maier10

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Maier110
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 pm

looks good to me. why would you want to cover the carbon fiber? All the kool kids are wearing them. :werd:
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:21 am

bluedevil wrote:
looks good to me. why would you want to cover the carbon fiber? All the kool kids are wearing them. :werd:

I'll see it may grow on me I love the black carbon fiber but first impressions I think jet black or the Polaris blue would be better on my RZR..
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Got my wheels in for the RZR..

4+3 offset DWT Nitros

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Wheels10

Also made a little extra mud protection for th efront..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 62667_11
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:12 am

What does the 4+3 offset mean? I noticed last night that my front rims have been worn some by mud or a rock? against the brake caliper. The design of this is very close. I really do not see how mudders would have the factory rim last very long with the design.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 7:22 am

+3 means three inches stick out from the hub. the stockers are 4+2 so they have the same back spacing but the extra width of the new wheels will make the machine wider 1" per wheel for a total of two inches wider front and rear. and the wider wheel will allow the front wheels to have a wider foot print. I will look at my stockers when I change them out, good info brother.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Got my tires in today and got them installed.. I went with the 27x9 Dirt Commanders all the way around.

DR, on the wheels mine are wore as you mentioned and the 12" DWT's I feel will do the same. Only way I see to get around this is 14" wheels.. Some 12" wheels may have a little more clearance but I don't see them being much difference in the 12" wheels.

My babies had to break in the new tires before I could play with them..

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_3911

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_3912

I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Img_3913
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:49 am

My thought was the same that 14" rims was the only way to to solve the problem, my other thought was an offset rim might improve this, that is why I raised the question, thanks for responding.

For clarification, on the front rim of the RZR 800S, the brake caliper is very close to the rim, so any mud or rocks stuck on the inside of the rim creates a scraping action on the inside of the rim, both my front rims have significant scarring and the rim has been worn down significantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

I jumped the RZR Train!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next