Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

New user from East TN

Go down 
+6
Bluedevil
Big Dog Daddy
oldmustangjunkie
RedRzr
ky kodiak
jwmustangman
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

New user from East TN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New user from East TN   New user from East TN - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:08 pm

It is very temping to take the low side of that big rock, but is always better to just drive over it. The low side will tend to want to pull you over that ledge!!

You are very lucky not to have been seriously hurt and the Honda totaled !!

Last edited by ky kodiak on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: New user from East TN   New user from East TN - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Just before the 1.07 spot in my vid, I ask Redrz how to go over that rock, he said "hold to the left and expect a kick to the right". This can be seen in the video at the 1.07 point. Is that the spot where you went off?

Back to top Go down
jwmustangman
Beginner
jwmustangman

PostSubject: Re: New user from East TN   New user from East TN - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:16 am

KY KODIAK, Yup, I wish Ida known that. That is the spot. There was a ton of room when I started up the left of that rock, but then the shoulder gave out. Dr. Mud, Yea, that is the exact spot. I was coming the other way, but yep, that's the spot. Poor choice of path, I'll admit. But I learned a hard lesson. Somebody added my wheels before I got the machine. I finally figured out they came off of a 00-04 ish honda rubicon or forman. Aluminum 12x6. I'm looking for one of those. I found a pair of shocks and ordered them off of ebay last night. I am gunna try to get my broke shocks and bent rim replaced and reevaluate things again. It is sittin aweful lopsided, but I'm hopin the wheel and shocks will straighten some things out. I'll let ya'll know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New user from East TN   New user from East TN - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New user from East TN
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2