Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012! Empty
PostSubject: Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012!   Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012! EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:44 pm

We all know Last Friday was a day to remember for many communities due to all the storms on the mid east. Last Saturday Morning I got the call to pack my bags that we were heading to Kentucky for some after storm power restoration. After meeting up with the local power company Sunday morning we headed to West Liberty to rebuild the main power lines so the community would have power to use for tear down and rebuilding. Sunday was an average day of work but Monday morning we woke to find 6" of snow had fallen over the night and found a few trees down crossing the roads. Monday was a long cold day to say the least. Then Tuesday about mid day we finished one job and headed to another where we found a pole on a hill side that needed replaced and had to be replaced with rigging because there was no way to get a truck to it. About three feet into digging the new hole we hit solid rock and jack hammered on it for the rest of the day until it was 6' 5" deep to set the 45' pole. Wednesday morning we set the pole with muscle and rigging which was something I had never done so it was a learning experience. By lunch the new pole was set, everything was transferred, and we were on our way to another job. We were released this morning to come home.

Here is a little slide show of the photos I took with my cell phone.

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
mudslinger
Heavy Mudder
mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012!   Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012! EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:31 am

Wow, that really sucks for those people. I can't imagine a whole town being wiped out that fast. Glad to hear you made it back safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponge
Moderate Mudder
Sponge

PostSubject: Re: Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012!   Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012! EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:22 pm

It is amazing how brutal mother nature can be!!! At other times so peaceful and beautiful. You should be proud your team was able to help and start the healing process. I don't know how you know where to start with that kind of damage. Great job and keep up the great work.
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012!   Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012! EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:58 am

Sponge wrote:
It is amazing how brutal mother nature can be!!! At other times so peaceful and beautiful. You should be proud your team was able to help and start the healing process. I don't know how you know where to start with that kind of damage. Great job and keep up the great work.
X2
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012!   Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012! EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks guys, but no need to think me I love what I do. The look on everyone's face after we rebuild the lines and turn the power back on is thinks enough! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012!   Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012! EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Our Bird Dog sent me the pics he took so here they are..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012!   Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012! Empty

Back to top Go down

Tornado hit West Liberty March 2012!
Page 1 of 1