Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Anyone put a deposit down?

Go down 
+3
wvyankee2
smith700
Mud-and-Guts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Anyone put a deposit down? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone put a deposit down?   Anyone put a deposit down? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:02 am

Anyone on here getting the commander? I would like to see one in action on the trails.. Anyone put a deposit down? 9695
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
smith700
Lite Mudder
smith700

PostSubject: Re: Anyone put a deposit down?   Anyone put a deposit down? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Copied off another forum.......I have read several negative reviews on the Commander's.
Well WVRIDER and I went to Charleston today and test drove the 1000 XT. Tim had drove one already but it was detuned for the event at snowshoe. Just looking it over, some things i loved, somethings i hated. Plenty of storage, seats were awsome. Ergonomics was nice. On the down side it only had 10 inches ground clearance empty and 58 inches wide with no long arm suspension. On the test drive we were both impressed with the power. Awsome acceleration and speed. I easily hit 60 mph in a very short distance. Ride was not good, rode rough, tires bouncing all over the place, hard to steer and control. Needs a serious suspension upgrade. Fit and finish was not good. It was new and had several creaks and rattles. For the type of riding we do I don't see it following the RZR S to well. Agree it would kick *** in a level drag race. But put it up some rocky trail and i don't see it going. If I were buying something today I would pass on this ride. My Rhino rides better, has more ground clearance; even with less power. I would keep the Rhino over the CamAm. Very disappointed with our test drive. We both passed on the deposit.

Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
Lite Mudder
wvyankee2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone put a deposit down?   Anyone put a deposit down? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:23 pm

First thing is i believe that expectations were so high on this machine that it was almost set up to disappoint in one way or the other. Everyone was wanting this machine to have all bases covered and thats a pretty high mountain for any company to climb. RZRS guys were hoping for a ultimate sport machine. This is not it. Can Am attempted to make the best Sport/Utility on the market and they succeded on that for the most part.

I went and checked out the same machine they test drove. I didnt drive it, but looked it over good, sat in it and started it up. There were some things i didnt like also. Motor is not as smooth and has much more vibration than my Teryx V-Twin. There were rattles when reving the motor. People complain about the steering and ride. It is due to the quick ratio steering rack, and the very oversized shocks. This machine had the shocks set on the softest setting possible and they still said it was too stiff. The 1000 motor is basically the 800 motor stroked. I would buy the 800 over the 1000. I bet the 800 motor is smoother, and in a 650 foot drag race the 1000 only beats the 800 by 3 machine lengths. The 800 has a better clutch set up from the factory.

Interior is awesome. You wont find more comfort anywhere. Great cargo area and capacity. A 10 gallon fuel tank is sweet.

Lets just say i am not depressed that i bought my Teryx and did not wait for the Can Am. But, I would seriously consider buying this machine. If I did, i would buy the base 800 model and use the extra $3000 to put some great shocks and power steering on it. This is going to be a great machine. Just not for those that want a pure sport buggy.
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Anyone put a deposit down?   Anyone put a deposit down? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Thats good to know ..... Just like clothes , you need to try it on it see if it fits you .... or something like that :-@:
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone put a deposit down?   Anyone put a deposit down? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:43 pm

RIDERED wrote:
Thats good to know ..... Just like clothes , you need to try it on it see if it fits you .... or something like that :-@:

I need to go try on one of those commanders....lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
RLCMOTORSPORTS
Moderate Mudder
RLCMOTORSPORTS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone put a deposit down?   Anyone put a deposit down? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Went to buy one today but after waiting 25 min with no salesman even trying to show me the product which I had already looked over thoroughly I walked out empty handed and very disappointed with the sales team. Guess not every one wants to sell and get commission on a 17 000 dollar machine. Oh well I'll just keep riding the rhino till I decide to go back to them if I feel like it again anytime soon
Back to top Go down
http://www.rlcmotorsports.com
dcfox
Moderate Mudder
dcfox

PostSubject: Re: Anyone put a deposit down?   Anyone put a deposit down? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:53 pm

You've got another dealer about an hour away in Nashville.
If the Cookeville dealership doesn't want your money...I'm sure the Nashville dealer would be more than happy to take it.
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Anyone put a deposit down?   Anyone put a deposit down? EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:26 pm

They were ok taling to me about a week before they got them in,but i'm sure they have had alot of tire kickers in and out, like DC said just drive a different direction but stop back by to show them what you got!
Back to top Go down
roadiestar
Lite Mudder
roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone put a deposit down?   Anyone put a deposit down? EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:11 pm

I test drove one and the steering SUCKS it's hard as hell to turn. I would think that next year it will come with PS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone put a deposit down?   Anyone put a deposit down? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone put a deposit down?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: Brand Specific :: Can-Am :: Can-Am SideXSide-
Jump to: