Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Pickett Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lt.rubicon
Lite Mudder
lt.rubicon

Pickett Question Empty
PostSubject: Pickett Question   Pickett Question EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:42 pm

I've got a question concerning Pickett, Is there any permits or registration that you are supposed to have to ride there? We have a group that is wanting to come down to ride there this fall and I'm trying to keep this as "legal" as possible!! Neil, I loved the ride in July despite all the problems, and wish I could make it on the 21st, but with work and such that won't be possible. Love the site and keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Pickett Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett Question   Pickett Question EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:41 pm

lt.rubicon wrote:
I've got a question concerning Pickett, Is there any permits or registration that you are supposed to have to ride there? We have a group that is wanting to come down to ride there this fall and I'm trying to keep this as "legal" as possible!! Neil, I loved the ride in July despite all the problems, and wish I could make it on the 21st, but with work and such that won't be possible. Love the site and keep up the good work!

No permits required my friend! Just park, ride, and watch out for bears...lol

Glad you liked the ride my friend... I just wish the stars had aligned so we could have made the loop I had planned... Which will be the same loop we are planning for the 21st.. I wish you could make the 21st, I would like to see everyone from the last ride make this one.. I feel we have some riding to do...

As for the site thank you my friend! It is everyone here that has put it where it is and I feel everyone has done a great job getting it up and going..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

Pickett Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett Question   Pickett Question EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Well, ...... only the first couple of miles,including the lake ,are on a state park.... I live next to a park and have rode on them all my life and I have never heard of anyone getting ticketed ??? Their are only a very few parks that require a permit and they have them posted like this .....

Pickett Question Marker10

Back to top Go down
lt.rubicon
Lite Mudder
lt.rubicon

Pickett Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett Question   Pickett Question EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks guys! I guess we'll take our chances and go for it. I didn't think we needed anything, but I thought I'd better find out. If anything comes up I guess we'll all plead ignorance!!
Back to top Go down
rooster
Beginner
rooster

Pickett Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett Question   Pickett Question EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:09 am

lt.rubicon wrote:
Thanks guys! I guess we'll take our chances and go for it. I didn't think we needed anything, but I thought I'd better find out. If anything comes up I guess we'll all plead ignorance!!

Lt.

There are no chances to take. Pickett does not require any permits. It is FREE!.....You will not have any problems. Those signs you see above will be found on the boundaries of WMA's (Wildlife Management Area's) You will not see them at Pickett. You may run across the occasional POSTED sign or NO TRESSPASSING sign. But that is about it. Bring your group and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Pickett Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett Question   Pickett Question EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:28 am

rooster wrote:
lt.rubicon wrote:

Lt.

There are no chances to take. Pickett does not require any permits. It is FREE!.....You will not have any problems. Those signs you see above will be found on the boundaries of WMA's (Wildlife Management Area's) You will not see them at Pickett. You may run across the occasional POSTED sign or NO TRESSPASSING sign. But that is about it. Bring your group and have fun.

X2

Rooster rides there more than anyone I would say, so he knows what he is talking about.. Pickett Question 9695 Thanks for the input bro!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

Pickett Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett Question   Pickett Question EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:28 pm

A park ranger told me ,a few years ago (got stopped in 04 for the first time), that I needed a TDS sticker to be on a state park with a atv on the roads or trails that were permited to be on (cant run through the woods) , i think now they are TDR or something like that,you get them for $5 or they were at the county clerks office when you title your wheeler for local people I do not know for out of state ??. The ranger also told me that the tickets that he had wrote for this was for when they were caught doing other stuff (drinking ,driving wreckless)...... I don't want to confuse anyone ,but i live next to (less than a mile) from Standing Stone State Park and have been on that park with an atv for 18 years trying to stay legal Pickett Question 9695 ..... But anyway that came from a badge .... Things might have changed or every state park might be different ???
Back to top Go down
rooster
Beginner
rooster

Pickett Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett Question   Pickett Question EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:53 pm

The riding on Pickett is not really on the State Forest property that much. Pickett State Forest should not be confused with Pickett State Park which the later does not allow ATV riding within the State Park Boundaries. The majority of the riding is on Private Property or Lumber Company property. In fact the majority of the trails are located in Kentucky.

Having a TDR or TDS sticker has never been inforced that I can recall. In fact a TWRA officer told me once that they don't enforce REVENUE LAWS. He also went on to say they don't even have a code for writing that ticket.
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

Pickett Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett Question   Pickett Question EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:52 pm

When we started riding alot in the late 90's early 2000's the Park Rangers use to stop and ask or check people for them ....and would tell you to get them if you didn't..... none of use that rode together ever got a ticket , but then again if they tell you that you need one what do you do ? They use the same registration law on them as they do for vehicles....... thats what confirms the registraton or revenue law ...... thats what my understanding was of it .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pickett Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett Question   Pickett Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickett Question
Page 1 of 1