Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

favorite place to ride

Go down 
+10
CNC_guy
mudslinger
lt.rubicon
MailMan
RIDERED
Rincon Jed
450R
Moto92
Mud-and-Guts
spud
14 posters
AuthorMessage
spud
Moderate Mudder

favorite place to ride Empty
PostSubject: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:32 pm

what is everyone favorite place to ride?we like to ride windrock the most, really liked alpine, pickett is ok never rode brimestone or royal blue.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:50 pm

I have only rode Brimstone and Windrock a time or two and they were great but I haven't rode them enough to call them my favorite... Alpine is a great place to ride and here at home we have a few good trails(a lot of road riding) but I got to say Pickett is my favorite...

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Moto92
Extreme Mudder
Moto92

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:07 pm

never been anywhere really cool.
just some local southern illinois stuff. theres a park called Little Egypt Offroad that a good time. then there a place called the Knob. its not a park, just a place where everyone goes and rides.
Back to top Go down
450R
Heavy Mudder
450R

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:25 pm

I have to say Windrock is a great spot , I've never been to Brimstone , Alpine is really good riding , but Pickett is my favorite place , it has never let me down on being a memorable experience every time.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:29 pm

450R wrote:
Pickett is my favorite place , it has never let me down on being a memorable experience every time.

That is to say the least!! favorite place to ride 993135
Back to top Go down
Rincon Jed
Lite Mudder
Rincon Jed

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:06 pm

I don't know if I've got a favorite place to ride or not, they're all really good. I've ridden at Brimstone a couple of years ago. Just rode it again a couple of weeks ago and liked it better the second time. I've ridden at Harlen and thought it was okay. We've ridden at Windrock a number of times and I really like riding there. I think that I'm a little bit partial to windrock because of the convenience in lodging when we ride there. We usually stay in a cabin that is only a couple of miles up the road from the trail head and makes it nice to get up in the morning, jump on the quad and ride. At the end of the day, you can ride back to the cabin, no loading and unloading or trailering, get cleaned up and go into town to grab something to eat. Works out really nice.

We rode at Pickett for the first time a couple of weeks ago and were there for the Bubba crash. Wish that would not have happened, but otherwise really enjoyed Pickett and we're already planning on going back to ride again.
Back to top Go down
Rincon Jed
Lite Mudder
Rincon Jed

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:08 pm

I don't know if I've got a favorite place to ride or not, they're all really good. I've ridden at Brimstone a couple of years ago. Just rode it again a couple of weeks ago and liked it better the second time. I've ridden at Harlen and thought it was okay. We've ridden at Windrock a number of times and I really like riding there. I think that I'm a little bit partial to windrock because of the convenience in lodging when we ride there. We usually stay in a cabin that is only a couple of miles up the road from the trail head and makes it nice to get up in the morning, jump on the quad and ride. At the end of the day, you can ride back to the cabin, no loading and unloading or trailering, get cleaned up and go into town to grab something to eat. Works out really nice.

We rode at Pickett for the first time a couple of weeks ago and were there for the Bubba crash. Wish that would not have happened, but otherwise really enjoyed Pickett and we're already planning on going back to ride again.
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Its hard to beat Pickett,but Alpine is just about 10 min away so I can get a ride in about anytime !!!
Back to top Go down
MailMan
Beginner
MailMan

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Royal Blue only because I have been there enough to learn a lot of the trails. I like to ride anywhere but there is not a lot to choose from close by so we go to RideRoyalBlue mainly for the convenience.
Back to top Go down
lt.rubicon
Lite Mudder
lt.rubicon

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:04 pm

Hard to decide between Pickett and Windrock. Love them both!!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:12 pm

lt.rubicon wrote:
Hard to decide between Pickett and Windrock. Love them both!!

Pickett is an awesome place to ride, I am about ready for another trip to either Pickett or Alpine...
Back to top Go down
mudslinger
Heavy Mudder
mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:31 am

My favorite trails are Alpine and the hickory flatts trails. Been to Pickett, Wind Rock Brimstone and a few other places but I think the best riding is here in Overton county. If the Darrow Ridge trails in Jamestown near Pickett was still open that would probably be my favorite spot.
Back to top Go down
CNC_guy
Lite Mudder
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:51 am

Pickett (Slickford for us KY folks) is home. I was raised on Edward's Mountain behind Mountain View Baptist Camp and my grandparents and their parents were lifelong residents of that area as well. My parents still live behind the camp and my brother lives across the hill in Duncan Valley. I've been riding those trails for going on 30yrs and have so many memories with friends and memories of the stories my grandfather used to tell about the area.

I've also ridden Harlan many times and love the area...especially the off the park rides. The park is great and all, but it tends to get old after about a day.

I did the King of the Mountain race at Brimstone this past fall but that's the only experience I have with Brimstone. My buddies and I definitely want to go back there and hopefully hook up with some folks that know the area.
Back to top Go down
gullyjumper
Moderate Mudder
gullyjumper

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:52 pm

If you ever get a chance go to Hatfield McCoy . It is a good days drive from middle TN. But the best place I have ever been to.And be sure to go to the Rockhouse trail . This place is unreal favorite place to ride 634495
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:55 pm

#1 Pickett !!!! #2 alpine !!
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:05 pm

I've only been to Pickett and Alpine. Will be going to Brimstone soon. I guess Pickett is my favorite, but Alpine was also a nice ride. Or maybe my favorite place to ride is by " The Seat Of My Pants " lol
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Lite Mudder
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:22 am

behind my house favorite place to ride 880414
Back to top Go down
CNC_guy
Lite Mudder
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:25 am

BDD, you still working at the same place you were when you stopped by the shop that day?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: favorite place to ride   favorite place to ride Empty

Back to top Go down

favorite place to ride
Page 1 of 1