Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

First true sport Side X side!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

First true sport Side X side! Empty
PostSubject: First true sport Side X side!   First true sport Side X side! EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 12:49 pm

Anyone rode or even seen one of these yet? At first I didn't like the looks but the five speed had me intrigued. Now the looks is kinda growing on me and with the stage three kit done out for 300HP that sounds wicked and with Yamaha quality of the past I know this thing will prove to be a reliable monster. lol I'm not trading anytime soon but in the future I may see one of these things in my shop.. lol I want to see a black one!

The programmable shift light, bolt on turbo kits done out for 155hp with 5lbs boost, three cyclinders for more torque, and the engine has been out for some time making lots more power and proven reliable.

0-80 run (capable of doing 100mph in stock form with programming changes)

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: First true sport Side X side!   First true sport Side X side! EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:28 am

100 MPH would get you killed on the trails I ride. YEAKS!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: First true sport Side X side!   First true sport Side X side! EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Yea 100 is a little much for one of these things! I never would have thought Yamaha would release anything close to 80 from the factory. In the woods around here you can get no where near that. I would like to see a top speed of 60-70 with a 0-60 in under 3 seconds.. Smile I also can see the 5 speed being an issue around here when trying to crawl but if it had a granny gear or a high and low range that may work. Shifting on big long steep hill climbs might be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: First true sport Side X side!   First true sport Side X side! EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:17 am

the shifting I could used to. I might even say it's a slight positive.
I recall driving back years ago with a manual stick. I could go place in 2CWD that other 4WD's would not dare
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: First true sport Side X side!   First true sport Side X side! EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:35 pm

Throw a CVT in it, and tune it for a nice low torque curve, and it'd be an awesome rock crawling/trail riding machine. I think Yamaha has a winner on their hands!
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: First true sport Side X side!   First true sport Side X side! EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 6:54 am

Matt, I think you see into the future! LOL!!!
I'd bet they will do just that.
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: First true sport Side X side!   First true sport Side X side! EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 10:22 am

I think all of the new side by sides are aimed at the west coast people ! Most arent good woods machine ! The shifting would be fun BUT the auto would be better creepin over rocks and logs in the future we might see an auto in the Yamaha !! The price is so out there on all the machines it isnt funny ! My shop was broken in to and my wildcat taken and im not shure i want to invest that kind of bucks in a machine again . But that Yamaha is PURDY !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First true sport Side X side!   First true sport Side X side! Empty

Back to top Go down

First true sport Side X side!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: Brand Specific :: Yamaha :: YXZ1000-
Jump to: