Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?

Go down 
+3
oldmustangjunkie
mudhound
atl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
atl
Moderate Mudder
atl

Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? Empty
PostSubject: Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?   Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 11:30 pm

The only 2 drawbacks to this would being unable to travel at high speed on the road, especially in the corners. This may be a long shot-breaking the gearbox ( when the cv travels to it's upper or lower most travel point ) When the sway bar is connected it acts like a solid axel- take it off and it looks like a true 4-wheel independent suspension. Take a look in the photo's---

http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-brakes-suspension/35113-sway-bar-disconnect.html

Ant thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?   Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 6:22 am

i took mine off
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?   Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 11:48 pm

Mine is zip tied out of the way.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?   Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:50 pm

After mine broke, say year ago, took mine off. I asked the same question you have, others commented favorably to leave off, ride improved 100%. Wife is much happier.

"Happy wife is a happy life".

Note: will take a little getting use to, back out of it some on curves.
Back to top Go down
atl
Moderate Mudder
atl

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?   Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 8:55 pm

DrMud wrote:
After mine broke, say year ago, took mine off. I asked the same question you have, others commented favorably to leave off, ride improved 100%. Wife is much happier.  

"Happy wife is a happy life".  

Note: will take a little getting use to, back out of it some on curves.

Will do! The one thing I forgot to mention was it's ability to keep from rolling over traveling on a hill sideways. I did take mine off-the bushings were shot, it was easier to tie wrap them out of the way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?   Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:02 pm

I actually kinda like mine on my 900 but still removed it. The ride is so much better without the bar. Plus it articulates a lot better..

Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? 10941433_955724234451343_4707924457758454502_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?   Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 2:56 pm

took mine off !!
Back to top Go down
Muddy Melvin
Lite Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?   Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 8:21 am

Took it off, wouldn't have it any other way. So much better ride and the articulation is unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?   Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear sway bar removal-has anyone done this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: General Discussion :: General Atv/SxS Discussion and Product Reviews.-
Jump to: