Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

What do you think ?

Go down 
+4
NCMudman
oldmustangjunkie
mudhound
stonesthrow02
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

What do you think ? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:25 am

I like it. I want to see one.
http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/outdoor/models/wolverine-r-spec
Back to top Go down
stonesthrow02
Beginner
stonesthrow02

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:04 pm

WELL FIRST OFF ABOUT THE PIC, I DON'T THINK THATS WHAT THEY HAD IN MIND WHEN THEY SAID LETS GO FOR A RIDE,HAHA
NOW ABOUT THE POST ATTATCHED ,ABOUT THE NEW YAMAHA ,I LOVED MY 660 GRIZZ,ESPECIALLY AFTER I DID SOME MODS, BUT AS FAR AS A SPORT RIDING MACHINE ,I THINK THEY NEED TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND GET SOMETHING ON THE MARKET MORE LIKE THE RZR'S
I WAS NEVER A BIG POLARIS FAN ,BECAUSE OF THE SLIPPING BELT (BAD SEALING OF THE CASES)BUT I GOT RID OF MY GRIZZ AND BOUGHT A 800S IN 2011 NEVER HAD ANY WATER/CLUTCH ISSUES,BUT I SNORKELED IT ANYWAYS FOR THOSE DEEP WATER RIDES,HAVE DONE SEVERAL OTHER MODS TO IT AND IT HAS BEEN A BLAST ,NEVER THOUGHT I'D LIKE SOMETHING AS WELL AS MY GRIZZ,BUT I DO. BUT TO EACH HIS OWN AND ALL ACCORING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH IT,I JUST THINK THEY ARE STILL A LITTLE BIT OFF ON THE CENTER OF GRAVITY DUE TO THE HIEGHT,BUT THATS ME, MY BROTHER HAD A RHINO AND HE HAD IT ON ITS SIDE QUITE OFTEN AND HE HAD WIDER TIRES ,SPACERS AND IT HAD A MUCH WIDER STANCE THAN STOCK.

BUT THATS JUST MY 2 CENTS, HAVE A GOOD ONE
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 8:10 am

From what I seen, they are going to compete! I would consider one
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 12:08 pm

It's Rhino 2.0
I bought an XP900 and won't get rid of it until one of the Japanese mfg brings a true sport model to the market. 10" of wheel travel? You've got to be kidding.
Back to top Go down
atl
Moderate Mudder
atl

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:21 pm

I like it. I'll have to look at it before I make any comments on it though-- grease fittings,bushings that would wear out way to early, the wheel bearings, security features if any,just to list a few( I own a 850XP four wheeler,found out the hard way on all of that-but my Honda 1995 FourTrax 4X4 it's still running strong) I think John Deere has been R&D for them though. The only negative for me would be the single cylinder, it may/may not be under powered?
Back to top Go down
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder
NCMudman

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:39 pm

I look forward to seeing how it does in the real world. May not be a pure sport, but at least its a step in the right direction!
Back to top Go down
atl
Moderate Mudder
atl

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 12:58 am

NCMudman wrote:
I look forward to seeing how it does in the real world. May not be a pure sport, but at least its a step in the right direction!
There's nothing wrong with that-can't wait to see what they come within a year or two.
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:15 am

I never buy a 1st year of anything. Too many tweeks and mods that are needed
Back to top Go down
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder
NCMudman

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:57 am

atl wrote:
NCMudman wrote:
There's nothing wrong with that-can't wait to see what they come within a year or two.

Simply passing info on from another site, but two different people say they have heard from their Yamaha dealerships that there is another new model release coming in June... We shall see!
Back to top Go down
atl
Moderate Mudder
atl

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:51 pm

I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 12:37 pm

What do you think ? 2016_y10

From what I have read & seen I think the Wolverine will be a good trail riding machine and It is a Yamaha!! When Yamaha builds and releases a model, those naggy first year problems like some other manufactures have are pretty much non-existent, due to the fact that they do so much R&D in advace and their build quality. Quality parts & attention to detail has always been what makes a Yamaha one of the most reliable & dependable brands in the market and on the trail.
Will the 700 engine be a speed demon probably not, but will it get the job done on the trails of course it will. The 700 single is a bulletproof engine & with the ultramatic trans will take you and the Wolverine deep in the woods and bring you back out everytime...and that's what I look for in a machine! Will it be a RZR Killer...No, but it may pull one out of the woods one day! lol  Am I a Yamaha Fan? Yes I am, because I enjoy riding, not wrenching.

I am looking forward to checking the Wolverine out when it hits the dealers in April to see if it appeals to me,but from the video walk around and specs I have seen, Yamaha has me interested!

I have also hear that Yamaha is planning to release the sport model around June this year. If this comes to pass, I think it is a mistake on Yamaha's part not to release the sport model first, since the release dates will only be 3 months apart and even though the utility market is bigger, the sport peolple are way past being tired of waiting for Yamaha to deliver something to compete with the RZR.
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Totally agree with your assessment of the new wolverine. James from JBS has one on order. Not sure if you are familiar with JBS and what he has/can do for the Rhino and Viking, but he has taken them to the next level and beyond. I am sure he will do the same with the new Wolverine. I CAN'T WAIT !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:23 am

well said brother! What do you think ? 108521

ky kodiak wrote:
What do you think ? 2016_y10

From what I have read & seen I think the Wolverine will be a good trail riding machine and It is a Yamaha!! When Yamaha builds and releases a model, those naggy first year problems like some other manufactures have are pretty much non-existent, due to the fact that they do so much R&D in advace and their build quality. Quality parts & attention to detail has always been what makes a Yamaha one of the most reliable & dependable brands in the market and on the trail.
Will the 700 engine be a speed demon probably not, but will it get the job done on the trails of course it will. The 700 single is a bulletproof engine & with the ultramatic trans will take you and the Wolverine deep in the woods and bring you back out everytime...and that's what I look for in a machine! Will it be a RZR Killer...No, but it may pull one out of the woods one day! lol  Am I a Yamaha Fan? Yes I am, because I enjoy riding, not wrenching.

I am looking forward to checking the Wolverine out when it hits the dealers in April to see if it appeals to me,but from the video walk around and specs I have seen, Yamaha has me interested!

I have also hear that Yamaha is planning to release the sport model around June this year. If this comes to pass, I think it is a mistake on Yamaha's part not to release the sport model first, since the release dates will only be 3 months apart and even though the utility market is bigger, the sport peolple are way past being tired of waiting for Yamaha to deliver something to compete with the RZR.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think ?   What do you think ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: General Discussion :: General Atv/SxS Discussion and Product Reviews.-
Jump to: