Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month

Death @ Windrock

Go down 
AuthorMessage
atl
Moderate Mudder
atl

Death @ Windrock  Empty
PostSubject: Death @ Windrock    Death @ Windrock  EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:18 pm

From what I gathered on Windrock tav Club website (http://www.windrockatv2.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13963) a 68 and a 12 year old went off the side of P1,killing the 68 year old man. The condition of the 12 year old girl is unknown at this time. I don't know if y'all know which trail P1 is but its the asphalt road that leads from the main parking lot to the top of the mountain. I've personally avoided this road when its wet or even a 'Dew' from a fog on it. Sometimes t22 or t2 would be the trails that I used when it was wet. I don't know it was wet at time but a rider in a hurry ( beyond the capabilities of his machine) comes to mind on this one. How many times have I passed a rider going down this road?Probably close to none-I've always had people pass me as fast they could go. The ' Riding on asphalt directly affects the handling of said machine' was put there for a reason,trust me- I almost learned that the hard way!!! Can you imagine going off P1? I' better quit typing for now. Y'll have a safe rest of the weekend ride.
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

Death @ Windrock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death @ Windrock    Death @ Windrock  EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 6:40 am

Sad! Sad
Back to top Go down
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder
NCMudman

Death @ Windrock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death @ Windrock    Death @ Windrock  EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 9:13 am

Dang I hate to hear that... That road has some pretty tight curves and if one isn't paying attention they will be off the side in no time. Thoughts and prayers go out for the family
Back to top Go down
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

Death @ Windrock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death @ Windrock    Death @ Windrock  EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:40 am

The blacktop off the mountain can be the most dangerous part of your ride if you are not careful.

Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

Death @ Windrock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death @ Windrock    Death @ Windrock  EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Very sad to hear this. My thoughts & prayers to go out to the family & Windrock staff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death @ Windrock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death @ Windrock    Death @ Windrock  Empty

Back to top Go down

Death @ Windrock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: