Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jerrzr
Lite Mudder
jerrzr

RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change Empty
PostSubject: RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change   RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Changing fluids today in the rzr because didnt want to ride in the rain today... Just for the heck of it I decided to run a pocket held telescoping magnet thru my fill plugs on the tranny and tranfere case.  And WOW pulled out all kinds of metal came out..so next time you change tranny fluid try that. Your gears and bearings will love you for it...
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change   RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 9:23 pm

WOW!
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change   RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Do they have magnetic drain plugs? My T4 does.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr
Lite Mudder
jerrzr

PostSubject: Re: RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change   RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 10:13 am

MattN03 wrote:
Do they have magnetic drain plugs? My T4 does.

No, the drain plugs for the tranny and tranfer case are not magnetic but they should be....I know the front diff drain plug is magnet but not sure on the rear diff.....
Polaris just don't seem to be real consistent on things sometimes. RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change 515891 
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change   RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:57 pm

That sucks brother but thanks for the tip! I'll have to add that one to the to-do list!  RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change 607716 
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
jerrzr
Lite Mudder
jerrzr

PostSubject: Re: RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change   RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 9:42 am

Also, be extremely careful not to over torque the drain bolt. They are not in there much more than hand tight and the threads will strip real easy.  I have always torqued mine proper but I guess too many fluid changes for me finally got the best of the threads and they stripped out this time on me.

However, if you are unfortunate and strip it out and in a bind to find a little bigger bolt that will work, cut down one of the roll cage Allen bolts and it will thread in making its own threads but don't forget to put the O ring on it. This is what I did:
RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change Image-52
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change   RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR Tranny/Tranfere fluid change
Page 1 of 1