Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month

the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
atl
Moderate Mudder
atl

the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! Empty
PostSubject: the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!   the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 8:15 pm

I went up to Caterville to gat a bisciut today around 10am and itwas snowing up there and it was already sticking! Went home and I got out about 2:30pm and roads were coverd! so I went to the dump (which was closed) and procceded to make my way home and cars in the ditches were everywhere. I saw the first snowplow about 4pm?? Well they droped the ball competely on this one. School kids being stranded in thier scool bus were everywhere,people on thier way home were only doing 1mph average. At the hill near my house there was at least 5-8 cars parked at the bottom of the hill. And it will get worse-tonight the snow will become a sheet of ice come tommorow morning, it should be a blast to get in this stuff tommorow. At one intersection there a full size dump backed of the roas and a sign company truck parked beside it. Hey y'all- stay warm tonight. the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! 728588 I got to figure out how to post pictures.
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!   the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:11 am

The down south people just do not have the equipment or other resourses
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!   the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:20 am

Enjoy the adventure !!
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!   the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:22 pm

I lived in Memphis for 6 years before moving back to KY, and as mudhound said, the south just isn't prepared for winter events like this. Stay safe and drive careful!
Back to top Go down
atl
Moderate Mudder
atl

PostSubject: Re: the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!   the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Whew!! The DOT finally rolled some trucks today,both salt and snow plows. There was a big hoo-doo a couple of years ago when we got hit with a storm like this, they out and bought a bunch of snow fighting equipment. Sooo i think they should have plenty equipment to fight a snowstorm like this. From what I understand they didn't turn the trucks loose early;as in yesterday. The horror stories were on the radio this morning,sheeples that have been on the road since yesterday morning-afternoon. the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! 789354
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!   the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:47 am

I lived in Memphis for a few years, when snow and ice is predicted, stay home.  People just do not know how to drive in slick conditions and the municipalities are not equipped for snow removal.

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Yamaha Fender Flares, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skid Plates, Moose Rear Bumper, Back Rest (Flea Market by Brimstone), Hand Guards, Warn Winch, 27" ITP Mudlites or 29.5 Outlwas with AMS Rims.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skids, Moose Fender Flares, Hand Guards, Warn Winch, Rotopax twin 2 Gallon gas carrier, SS12 Stainless ITP Rims, 27" Bighorns
Back to top Go down
buddewizer
Beginner
buddewizer

PostSubject: Re: the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!   the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:24 pm

My daughter lives in Birmingham & they got 3" of snow . Her boyfriend wouldn't drive in it even with his 4-wheel drive pickup ( he's from Mobile ) , he spent the nite in a motel with his Mother & sister. Patti offered to come get them in her Mustang..lol
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!   the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 12:51 am

buddewizer wrote:
My daughter lives in Birmingham & they got 3" of snow . Her boyfriend wouldn't drive in it even with his 4-wheel drive pickup ( he's from Mobile ) , he spent the nite in a motel with his Mother & sister. Patti offered to come get them in her Mustang..lol

That funny right there! (in larry the cable's voice)  We get 3" of snow and were out cutting doughnuts in the road cause the cops can't catch us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!   the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

the weatherman hit a home run in Atlanta,ga today!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: