Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month

Couple's Ride for 2014

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple's Ride for 2014   Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:32 am

$108 for an annual permit to basically ride all of TN is a great deal for me. The only places this doesn't cover are BStone and Windrock. All other TWRA WMA's are included. We buy this every year. Cheaper in fact than most "per user" permits as this is "per vehicle".  I hope to meet more of you on the trails in 2014. Post some dates so everyone can get their ducks in a row. Gonna be a lot if riding/camping this year!!!!
Back to top Go down
t4fireman
Lite Mudder
t4fireman

PostSubject: Re: Couple's Ride for 2014   Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:49 pm

What are some of the WMA places to ride
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: Couple's Ride for 2014   Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:02 am

Royal Blue is the only one I know of. I understand that there are others. I think there is one near Nashville. I think it is small.
Now, there is part of one up above Brimstone. I think Trails End Campground promots it
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Couple's Ride for 2014   Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:13 am

t4fireman wrote:
What are some of the WMA places to ride

It all is connected. Everything from BStone to Royal Blue and Tackett Creek and everything in between. 150,000 mapped acres!!!!!!!!!!! Snippet below.

In the Cumberland Mountains of East Tennessee lies over 150,000 acres of wilderness waiting to be explored by outdoor enthusiast. There are 600 miles of multi-use trails ready to be conquered by the off-roaming enthusiast.

The NCWMA is made up of 3 connected trail systems: The New River Unit, The Royal Blue Unit, and The Sundquist Unit. The areas are all linked together, and one permit per rider allows you to ride it all.

New River Unit
On the NCWMA southwest boundary lies the New River Unit which is a short enjoyable ride leaving the trails end campground and traveling 5 or so minutes on the county road to the trail head. Riding on the county roads of Scott County is both permissible by local and legal authorities.

Royal Blue Unit / Sundquist Unit
Once on the New River Unit you can travel north east to connect to the Royal Blue unit and can continue north east connecting to the Sundquist Unit which lies on the northern boundary of the NCWMA. You can literally leave Trails End Campground, hit the New River Unit and ride your ATV/OHV through all three units, however it's a good idea to plan out your ride and make sure you pack plenty of food, water and fuel. The area is open twenty-four hours a day and backwoods camping is allowed on the entire area. License and riding permits may be purchased at the Trails End Camp Store.

About the NCWMA
The North Cumberland Wildlife Management Area spans four counties: Scott, Anderson, Campbell and Morgan and is Maintained by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. In addition, North Cumberland WMA is home to the only elk herd in the East. You will also encounter whitetail deer, wild turkey and beaver. The waters of the Royal Blue offer bass and bluegill fishing. It is also a major breeding ground for the Cerulean Warbler, a songbird that is a candidate for listing on the federal endangered species list.

Below are helpful resource links to various maps of our area. For specific trail maps please inquire at the Trails End Camp Store!

Map of All 3 Units | PDF
Black & White Map of The Sundquist Unit | PDF
Color Map of The Sundquist Unit | PDF
Back to top Go down
t4fireman
Lite Mudder
t4fireman

PostSubject: Re: Couple's Ride for 2014   Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 6:35 pm

What about Big South Fork towards Jamestown TN. I know a few years ago we went horseback riding and we met some atvs but I was not for sure if the trail were for vehicles or not but I remember some nice trail up their.
Back to top Go down
jerrzr
Lite Mudder
jerrzr

PostSubject: Re: Couple's Ride for 2014   Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 12:28 pm

WMA is the absolute best riding. Like above its all the same geographical area. Hunting season is now over so no need to wear orange. My wife is from Frakes- In the normal world i find it funny how no one has ever heard of Frakes. When people ask my wife where she is from she just says Jellico.  But in the world of ATV's everyone seems to know about Frakes.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Couple's Ride for 2014   Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 8:14 am

DATES!!  We need dates, my ride card is filling up fast, I wanna meet some more of ya'll. Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 880414
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Couple's Ride for 2014   Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:09 am

MIKE_D wrote:
DATES!!  We need dates, my ride card is filling up fast, I wanna meet some more of ya'll. Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 880414
Ya. When and where ?

2016 Alpine white Wolverine EPS

Kenwood 2-way radio w/frs frequencies
Super ATV half windshield tinted
Viper Max 4000 widespool winch
2" Super ATV lift
Pyle audio system
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Couple's Ride for 2014   Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Evarts? March?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple's Ride for 2014   Couple's Ride for 2014 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Couple's Ride for 2014
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: General Discussion :: Ride Planning-
Jump to: