Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Broke a wheel...Decisions.....

Go down 
+2
t4fireman
MIKE_D
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

Broke a wheel...Decisions..... Empty
PostSubject: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 6:20 pm

While having the time of my life at Alpine in the T4 I managed to find the weak (hopefully defective) spot on the driver rear of the Machine. Good thing I had a spare!!  lol  Look at my gimpy T4 Broke a wheel...Decisions..... T4_spa10The cast aluminum wheel cracked inside near the a-arm.  Looks like a rock or something got in there but I am going with the whole found a defect story. Broke a wheel...Decisions..... 9695  The jury is still out on whether or not Kawasaki will warranty this as a defect. I have to take it to the stealership and they will assess the isssue take pictures and ultimately send all this info to Corporate to determine if they will warranty this issue. (2 weeks) Broke a wheel...Decisions..... 607262   SO...I need your help on a new set of wheels if Kawasaki will not warranty this issue.  Since this (single) wheel is $324 from Kawasaki I am looking at STI HD Beadlocks (Slik-Kote) and having the rings powder coated red.  What are your thoughts?  Love it? Hate it? Suggestions? :iamlost: 

Decisions decisions decisions... :feedback:
Back to top Go down
t4fireman
Lite Mudder
t4fireman

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 7:40 pm

It will look good are you going to stay with 12 or go up to 14's. One good thing about going up to 14's maxxis buckshot mudder truck tire that comes in a 27 8.50 x 14 and also you can get a couple of super swamper truck tire in 14's. that is what i am planning on doing later on because i do alot of running on a chip paved road to the farm during hunting season and boy it eats up my bighorn 2.0's and, i am hoping truck tires will preform good on the trails to.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:20 am

Picked up a set of the STI HD Beadlock Wheels 12x7 5.0 + 2.0 Slik-Kote with Machined Rings. Should be here Friday. Gonna keep stock BH 2.0's for the moment. When the time comes it will probably be 10's all around.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Wheels came in today.  Can't wait until Sunday to put them on.

Broke a wheel...Decisions..... Img_0711
Broke a wheel...Decisions..... Img_0712
Broke a wheel...Decisions..... Img_0713

Question!  Anyone interested in a "gently used" trio of 2013 Kawasaki Teryx4 LE wheels?
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Those are sweet looking wheels!
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 9:32 pm

X2! they look good.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 3:32 am

Thanks guys! Are the swamp lites the only decent 28x10x12 tire on the market?
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:07 am

Depends on what you are wanting. I'm a believer on the Original Bighorns, but I'm itching to try Pitbull Rockers too.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:22 am

Been looking into the Rockers myself......27.5x11x12....1 1/8" tread.... would be nice on all four corners!!
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:45 am

Let me know if you get them. I've never seen them in person. Only seen Growlers once.
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:07 pm

GBC makes a few good looking tires. I have heard good things about the roctanes also.
Back to top Go down
JodyT
Moderate Mudder
JodyT

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:47 pm

I would not run another set of Pittbull Rockers if they were free...after 500 miles they loose all traction. They are an amazing tire when new...but that doesn't last long. The growlers are a much better tire and hold up better in our terrain.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 pm

JodyT wrote:
I would not run another set of Pittbull Rockers if they were free...after 500 miles they loose all traction. They are an amazing tire when new...but that doesn't last long. The growlers are a much better tire and hold up better in our terrain.
That is NOT what I wanted to hear Jody... njcraddock LOVES his. Size difference maybe. Ever ridden with him. They were on his S and now on his XP????
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Bluedevil wrote:
GBC makes a few good looking tires. I have heard good things about the roctanes also.
Looked at GBC, Neil should be a sales Rep. LOL!! They don't offer 28's in a 12 do they?
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 7:10 pm

I'd like to hear more on the Rocker issues too.
Back to top Go down
JodyT
Moderate Mudder
JodyT

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:08 pm

once the sipping wears down and the edges wear round you have a tire that will not bite. They are a tough tire...just not a tire I would recommend to anyone
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:09 pm

That sucks Sad
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:02 am

MIKE_D wrote:
Bluedevil wrote:
Looked at GBC, Neil should be a sales Rep. LOL!!  They don't offer 28's in a 12 do they?
No they do not offer 28's in 12 or most likely that is what I would have! lol I love GBC's 8 ply line up I've been running them for several years with no issues todate!!! I love the Dirt Commanders but wish they were a little bigger, my 27's run about 26.25-26.5"..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:58 pm

No cleaned up poser shots yet.  Just got finished with them and went to move hay.  Here are some pictures that Kelly and Hannah took while riding around me on the tractor today.  I must say though VERY time consuming, beadlocks are the easiest set of wheels I have ever put tires on.  

Broke a wheel...Decisions..... Img_0714
Broke a wheel...Decisions..... Img_0715
Broke a wheel...Decisions..... Img_0716
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Broke a wheel...Decisions..... 956631 
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Looks good brother!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
MIKE_D
Moderate Mudder
MIKE_D

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:08 am

Thanks guys. First set of beadlocks. Can't believe how easy they were. Still got three good stockers. Any body need a blingy spare?lol 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broke a wheel...Decisions.....   Broke a wheel...Decisions..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Broke a wheel...Decisions.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: General Discussion :: Wheels and Tires-
Jump to: