Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month

Pickett July 13th!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:46 pm

I wish I could be there, but I have to stay close to home since I am working this weekend. But I will still get some leisurely ride time in with Jac and the boys tomorrow at Tyson's.

You all have a fun & safe ride tomorrow, and don't forget the pics & video's..I'll be waiting!Very Happy  
Back to top Go down
Sponge
Moderate Mudder
Sponge

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:00 am

I am still in. Can't wait to break in the new machine and meet everyone. Grand daughter is all excited too. Finished adding Tony Toys skid plates from old machine tdy. I hate going under there and drilling all the holes and such. I guess I am getting old. I really like the new tags. See you there.
Back to top Go down
possume22
Moderate Mudder
possume22

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:06 am

had a great ride and sponge i think your rzr is broke in very well it was a day filled with everything and very little dust
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:01 am

Had an awesome time with a great group but but hopefully next time we will not have as many issues.. Hopefully some one got more photo's than I did...

Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 99651810

Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 S10

My ride: 2015 RZR S 900! Pearl Black

Tell all your good friends www.MAGOffroad.com Its where you want to be.. lol

https://www.youtube.com/mudandgutsoffroad

http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:47 am

I wish I could have made it. Even a bad day on the trail is better than a good day at work.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:55 am

Had an awesome time yesterday with an awesome group at Pickett where we travels 44 miles on the trails and another 12 on the road taking a short cut back to the trucks due to running late with issues.. We set 9am as a starting point and at 8:15 when I rolled in most of the new guys was right behind me but one new guy and a couple regulars was running a little later so it was around 9:30 when we headed out! We had an Artic cat utility ATV, a Yamaha 450r, a honda 450er, a a rhino, 8 rzr's and everyone completed the day except the Honda 450er which never left the truck due to him finding an empty seat... Thanks to Sponge for guiding, RedRzr for bringing up the tail, and everyone else for all the support!

As for issues I don't know where to start.. I guess lets start from the front and see how much I have forgotten.. Early on the Rhino busted a left rear bighorn style tire so we hooked my winch to his cage to get the tire off the ground, we filled it with plugs, and he moved on to have no more issues. Shortly after we found the weather man absolutely did not know what he was talking about because our sunny 85-90 degree ride turned into a pouring flood with tornado warnings but we rode on. A little further in the Artic cat ATV had a right hand lower ball joint fall out, the issue was with the bolt that held the ball joint in place so we hooked the winch to a tree and lifted it off the ground so we could pull the wheel and found we were walking on a copper heads den.. I say den because we almost stepped on the first one and after rolling around working on the quad another copperhead stuck his head out of the tree we were using.. Guess who choose picked the copperheads den as a place to work? Note to self next time pick a tree that does not have holes in the base, or one that has no holes period might be better... After getting the artic cat back together we got out of there and headed on.. On the way to the mineral lake myself and Dustin on the 450 fell behind to pick up the pace so he could have a little more fun after waiting a few we headed back out and with a stead pace trying to ride the high side of a step rutted mud hole my bike slide off the hill and took a hard hit on the right front wheel/tire when it landed in the rutt which popped the tire off the rim and acted as a grader blade pushing and diggin at the rutts. With the tire and wheel full of mud we through a little Mountain dew at it to clean a little of the mud off the bead and then hooked up the air compressor which blew it right back out (I guess later I will be breaking it down and cleaning the mud out of the tire) thank goodness for the durability of GBC's 8 ply Tires and DWT's wheels neither was damaged and I rode the rest of the day with no issues! With my tire fixed we rode on to catch the rest of the group right before they got to the Mineral lake.

From there we headed to trail two where we split again and a couple of us hit the rough stuff while the rest took the bypass route, with no issues either way we rode on a short piece to later find a little red RZR with a right rear lower hub bolt sheared off... So we got my KFI winch back out and pulled him over on his side to get the right side off the ground so we could pull it apart and inspect. With the bike up it getting late and no one wanting to search the woods for a rock to put under the bike as a jack stand we removed my spare and used it for a safety. After getting the bike a part we took a cheap pry bar and busted the handle off of it then stuck it in the place of the bolt and put some vise-grips on the small end of it so it could not come back out. We then put it all back together and the little Red Rzr rode on at a moderate pace looking for some pavement. On the way back out the 450 was beginning to over heat so he did a lot of coasting over the hills and we noticed something in front of us was smoking pretty bad. Later on at the road we found the smoking was coming from a little 570 which had begun burning oil on the ride out and we found a n RZR with a Flat Bighorn. From there we headed to the trucks a long the road where the 450 was still running hot so we got out the tow strap and commenced to hooking him up for a pull when I get a tap on my should from Jessie who says "look that guys got a shotgun" the guy was standing in his door looking at us as we hooked up the 450 and got out of dodge! From there is was a fairly smooth ride back to the trucks and a smooth ride home till we got to the county line when I got a phone call from dispatch stating we had a re-closure out on knob creek so when we pulled in my drive we quickly unloaded Dustins 450 and him and Jessie jumped out so with the RZR still loaded and the trailer still attached I headed to the warehouse to get the big truck to go to work. Around three we had the power back on and I was pulling in at home to unload and get ready to get some sleep.. Over all had an awesome and eventful day!

I would like to thank everyone there for there patience and all their help through out this awesome day!

Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Sounded like a day full of excitement.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Mudhound and I been trying to get our nerve up to go visit this place one weekend. If we had made your ride, we might be ready to make a Sunday service.   Wonder if that gentleman would let me borrow his shotgun? -laughing-dog- 

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Yamaha Fender Flares, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skid Plates, Moose Rear Bumper, Back Rest (Flea Market by Brimstone), Hand Guards, Warn Winch, 27" ITP Mudlites or 29.5 Outlwas with AMS Rims.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skids, Moose Fender Flares, Hand Guards, Warn Winch, Rotopax twin 2 Gallon gas carrier, SS12 Stainless ITP Rims, 27" Bighorns
Back to top Go down
TrunkMonkey
Beginner
TrunkMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks to everyone. We had an awesome time. Special thanks to redrzr for the help fixing my tire and for the tree removal service Smile. Thanks to sponge for guiding, it was easily the hardest I've ever pushed the rhino. Can't wait to do it again. Now time to clean her up. I didn't take many pics, but here is a couple.
Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 Image_zpsd3f461c9
Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 Image_zps40db5b24
Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 Image_zps56f18edc
Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 Image_zps718dfda3
Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 Image_zps6fb448cb
Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 Image_zps04fcf275
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Neil, Here is the Cliff notes to your ride:

Late start, flat tire, tornado, broke balljoint, visited snake den (marked on GPS, and made note to self), popped tire off rim drank part of Mountain Dew, hub bolt sheared off (McGiver repair), overheating, blowed rings on 570, another flat, over heating towed, met nice local with shotgun (nice, because he did not shoot), called into work, slept good. Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 775917 

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Yamaha Fender Flares, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skid Plates, Moose Rear Bumper, Back Rest (Flea Market by Brimstone), Hand Guards, Warn Winch, 27" ITP Mudlites or 29.5 Outlwas with AMS Rims.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skids, Moose Fender Flares, Hand Guards, Warn Winch, Rotopax twin 2 Gallon gas carrier, SS12 Stainless ITP Rims, 27" Bighorns
Back to top Go down
Sponge
Moderate Mudder
Sponge

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Dr Mud I think you covered  all the bases. I had to laugh at that comment. It will be a ride we ALL will remember.  I just can't seem to get out of the woods before dark. I really liked the eps and new machine.  Suspension is a little soft and I will adjust that this week.Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 9695 Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 108521 lol Neil your report was right on.  I can't believe you went to work after the ride.  Your a better man than ME. I looked over the machine on the trailer a short time ago and it seem to have faired well.  I have some scrapes and gouges on the wheels & as Posssum said it is well broke in now. I am very glad I put the skid plates on from the old razor. Did use them a few times.
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Glad everyone made it out safe!
Back to top Go down
atl
Moderate Mudder
atl

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Videos anyone? My polalis 850 is currently waiting on a 12 ton press to put the rear end together, I haven't inspected the front end wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Kyatvrider
Lite Mudder
Kyatvrider

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:17 am

We need video, wish I could have made it also.
Glad you like the new rzr sponge!! I have wondered how much power steering helps.
Back to top Go down
possume22
Moderate Mudder
possume22

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 5:09 am

neil has video but it needs alot of editing he left it on while we worked on some rides i think it would be real boring 2 hours long 15 minutes of action -laughing-dog- 
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Most of my video was shot due to all the rain and headlight glare but I did get a little..

Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Cool! I have always wanted to hit that spot. I run up to it on the t4 and all I can see is sky. then I back down.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Yea i couldn't hit it either, but I had fun watching! lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickett July 13th!   Pickett July 13th! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickett July 13th!