Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Misery Loves Company

Go down 
+6
MattN03
Mud-and-Guts
Big Dog Daddy
ky kodiak
imbill
DrMud
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

Misery Loves Company Empty
PostSubject: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Anybody else not able to ride this weekend besides me?
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptyThu May 23, 2013 7:38 pm

I wont be able 2 !!
Back to top Go down
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:27 pm

DrMud wrote:
Anybody else not able to ride this weekend besides me?

something wrong with the Grizzly too? scratch
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Gone boating.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:54 pm

We rode Pickett yesterday and covered about 40 miles, with the RZR in the shop I rode the 450er and man am I getting old.. Went head first over the bars within the first mile (rooky mistake) and later on I got the idea we should run Trail 100 and it is worse than I remembered, or maybe its just me but it sure wore me out.... Very Happy

When are you suppose to have the RZR back Dr.? Hoping to have mine back middle of the week..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptySun May 26, 2013 6:30 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
We rode Pickett yesterday and covered about 40 miles, with the RZR in the shop I rode the 450er and man am I getting old.. Went head first over the bars within the first mile (rooky mistake) and later on I got the idea we should run Trail 100 and it is worse than I remembered, or maybe its just me but it sure wore me out.... Very Happy

When are you suppose to have the RZR back Dr.? Hoping to have mine back middle of the week..

Neil, trail 100 is a butt kicker!!

What's going on with your RZR?
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Did 215 miles at Wilderness Trails in Bell Co. Met up with several forum members here and had an awesome time. This was my wife's first trip and she loved it!
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:57 pm

dang! your racking up the miles aren't you.
I just got back from pickett today my cousin and I went up for a few hours and it turned into an all day thing. some how I got turned around when he was driving, 2 hours later we showed up at the trucks. I did how ever buy a printed out map this morning from kevin at the sandwich shop, laminated and all for 6 bucks. best money I've ever spent.
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:14 pm

I've got around 800 miles now I think. I need to swing by my dealer and pick up oil and a filter for its second service.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:49 pm

ky kodiak wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:

Neil, trail 100 is a butt kicker!!

What's going on with your RZR?

It sure kicked my butt brother! The rzr is in the shop for water pump seal and cage.
Back to top Go down
Kyatvrider
Lite Mudder
Kyatvrider

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:04 am

Sponge, mattno3, and I were talking about you a couple hrs. ago DR. Mud while we were taking a break on the trail side at wilderness. Wish you were there.
Back to top Go down
johnson1975
Lite Mudder
johnson1975

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:55 am

Looks like fun.....we were next door at prentice cooper
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptyMon May 27, 2013 7:45 pm

had a ball this weekend!!
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:18 am

We camped and rode horses in the Shawnee for three days, had a great weekend with my wife.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:11 am

Mud-and-Guts wrote:

I hope the superman attempt was without injury....any video?...lol. And Trail 100 is always tough, especially if muddy, I am not sure how a person could get a sports quad up that hill that you winched me and Thomas up if it is muddy. Turkey Bay at Land Between the Lakes is Sports Quad heaven. The trails and hills are perfect. Just call before you haul, the place closes sometimes for odd reasons. The RZR return will depend on the crank runout reading results, if it is out of tolerance, then the motor comes apart, if it is in tolerance, then just replace the waterpump seals. Either way the motor is pulled out of the machine. Polaris is stepping up and fixing this out of warranty,. They want to know the "run out on the crankshaft?". This makes me wonder if they know something that we don't. If this is out of tolerance that is what is pushing my water pump seal out the first time then my oil seal failing shortly (150 miles later)therafter.

The dealerships mechanic and I will be surprised if this runout is out of tolerance, we both suspect a seal issue, but again Polaris Corp. might know something that we do not. So, I do not know the answer. The dealership has three motors pulled apart and they have concerns about opening up another one. They are running out of tear down space.

The Grizzly status: is good, just my back had a kink in it and I wanted to spend time with my wife which was the RZR ride plan Memorial Weekend. She offered to let me go ride the Grizz at Middlesboror KY, but I said no. Being married for twenty years, sometimes intuition tells a person that the spouse needs some time...She has been busy with her Masters degree and Teachers Union President and still working and the most complex job, putting up with me....lol. She needeed a break, so we camped in the middle of Shawnee National Forest and rode horses this weekend, had a great time. Might go again next weekend.
Back to top Go down
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:16 pm

DrMud wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:

I hope the superman attempt was without injury....any video?...lol. And Trail 100 is always tough, especially if muddy, I am not sure how a person could get a sports quad up that hill that you winched me and Thomas up if it is muddy. Turkey Bay at Land Between the Lakes is Sports Quad heaven. The trails and hills are perfect. Just call before you haul, the place closes sometimes for odd reasons. The RZR return will depend on the crank runout reading results, if it is out of tolerance, then the motor comes apart, if it is in tolerance, then just replace the waterpump seals. Either way the motor is pulled out of the machine. Polaris is stepping up and fixing this out of warranty,. They want to know the "run out on the crankshaft?". This makes me wonder if they know something that we don't. If this is out of tolerance that is what is pushing my water pump seal out the first time then my oil seal failing shortly (150 miles later)therafter.

The dealerships mechanic and I will be surprised if this runout is out of tolerance, we both suspect a seal issue, but again Polaris Corp. might know something that we do not. So, I do not know the answer. The dealership has three motors pulled apart and they have concerns about opening up another one. They are running out of tear down space.

The Grizzly status: is good, just my back had a kink in it and I wanted to spend time with my wife which was the RZR ride plan Memorial Weekend. She offered to let me go ride the Grizz at Middlesboror KY, but I said no. Being married for twenty years, sometimes intuition tells a person that the spouse needs some time...She has been busy with her Masters degree and Teachers Union President and still working and the most complex job, putting up with me....lol. She needeed a break, so we camped in the middle of Shawnee National Forest and rode horses this weekend, had a great time. Might go again next weekend.

You made the ride call Dr. Mud Misery Loves Company 9695 I was married for over 20 years myself Very Happy

I was hoping both machines were not down at the same time Misery Loves Company 607262
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:16 pm

ky kodiak wrote:
DrMud wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:

You made the ride call Dr. Mud Misery Loves Company 9695 I was married for over 20 years myself Very Happy

I was hoping both machines were not down at the same time Misery Loves Company 607262

I agree Dr, right call! Sometimes it needs to be done..
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am

The rzr runout tolerance was ok, just the seals bad on the water pump, so far, this makes three people that I personally know that had this issue on a new unit. The dealer called me Saturday and said all assigned work was complete . Thankfully Polaris Corp stepped up and repaired this out of warranty.

Unfortunately, the dealer said the mechanic noticed that a clutch alignment bushing was missing....he wondered if I had been in there...stated an honest "No". They need to order another part. He also stated that they have been seeing some of these missing lately.......just makes you wonder.....

The initial issue, the waterpump seal was possibly caused by improper insertion and the edge was rolled off, not sure about the missing clutch alignment bushing.

My only thought on the entire matter is that Polaris should take a page out of Yamaha's play book, and move all production back to U.S. and make some serious effort at quality control. Maybe if Yamaha releases a sports model sidexside Polaris Corp will feel the pressure on quality control.

I have confidence in my delearships service department and the mechanics that work there, I do have some concerns on Polaris Quality control.

I am ready to ride next weekend, probably will be on the Grizzly.

Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:45 pm

I agree brother, engineering on the RZR is awesome but quality sucks!

Have you checked you ball joints and bushings lately? Both my lower ball joints have a little play and my right front lower a-arm bushing is loose along with the left rear lower hub bushing.. With under 300 miles this sucks but hey I like the bike..

My water pump and cage was replaced under warranty so far and so far looks good..
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey, maybe they have Ford engineering.
Fix Or Repair Daily
Or the RZR’s case every other ride.

I too love the ride and style of the RZR’s. However, from what I have heard and seen of the repairs I would be very hastate to buy one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misery Loves Company   Misery Loves Company Empty

Back to top Go down

Misery Loves Company
Page 1 of 1