Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

I jumped the RZR Train!

Go down 
+18
damn yankees
harmonsrhino
Big Dog Daddy
RIDERED
The Big Show
xcracer
roadiestar
oldmustangjunkie
Bluedevil
MattN03
ky kodiak
Foxracing74
dino
imbill
DrMud
RedRzr
Sponge
Mud-and-Guts
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

I jumped the RZR Train! Empty
PostSubject: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 am

Over the last few weeks (or actually since our last ride when I just could not keep up in the little 450) I have been looking into the Polaris RZR's and trying to decide if I wanted the regular RZR, the RZR S, or the XP. Well riding with you guys I kinda knew what I wanted before I left home but Yesterday I went to Norris Supercycle on 111 just out of Livingston so I could look at his inventory to see if it helped my decision anyway. After looking at them all on his show room I decided that Dollar for Dollar the S model was the model for me. He didn't have a base S model but he had a Blue Fire/Orange LE (yep your twin Dr. lol well before all your mods) that just looked amazing to say the least! When I rode in this thing I was hooked, I don't see why anyone could need more power! I know there is several bikes out now that have a lot more power than the 800H.O. including the 900XP but I am coming from a 14hp rhino Very Happy so this thing just blows my mind with the power difference a lone much less the awesome suspension I jumped the RZR Train! 108521 (to say its like going from a 4 cylinder Mustang to a 5.0 GT is an understatement). Needless to say after the deal was made and I took the Blue SLE for a spin, I found Randell Norris (the owner of Norris Supercycle) standing by the trailer ready to help me load it up and I was smiling from ear to ear as he and I both knew I would be! I jumped the RZR Train! 634495

I jumped the RZR Train! Rzr_mo10

I jumped the RZR Train! Img_0710

I jumped the RZR Train! Img_0810

I jumped the RZR Train! Img_0811

Last edited by Mud-and-Guts on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Sponge
Moderate Mudder
Sponge

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 10:44 am

Congradulations I jumped the RZR Train! 108521 I jumped the RZR Train! 108521 I hope you have many hours of fun with your new machine. As you said above, no comparison to your Rhino. Was this an early Xmas gift. Will you be breaking it in this coming weekend at Pickett? Look forward to seeing it in person.
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 am

I knew it was just a matter of time, now if we can just talk him into riding with us a little more. Somehow I don't believe that will be a problem anymore!!!!!
Now it's time for the pics and mods to start.
I jumped the RZR Train! 9695
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Very Happy I jumped the RZR Train! 9695 I jumped the RZR Train! 956302 lol cheers I jumped the RZR Train! 882448 I jumped the RZR Train! 52579 :mago:
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Neil, You made my wife laugh. Congrats bro, I am honostly, 100% satisfied with mine, 600 miles in.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks guys!

Sponge if nothing happens (and depending on the weather) I plan on being there Saturday!

Fixing to add a couple pics to the first post!
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:04 pm

congrats on new toy !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dino
Moderate Mudder
dino

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:24 pm

That baby needs to violated
I jumped the RZR Train! 880414
Back to top Go down
Foxracing74
Beginner
Foxracing74

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:36 pm

CONGRATZ MAN!!!
Back to top Go down
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Congrat's Neil cheers That is a sweet machine!!
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Neil, the good news is that scratchs will not show real bad, so just turn it around and hit that little brush thicket behind the last pic.
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Congrats on the new toy!
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 8:51 pm

I looks to clean time to get it muddy. I jumped the RZR Train! 108326
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Thanks Guys! I can't wait to get it muddy (yea right lol)!

DrMud wrote:
Neil, the good news is that scratchs will not show real bad, so just turn it around and hit that little brush thicket behind the last pic.

Thats good to know Dr. I was/am worried... Debating on what to coat it with before the first ride to try and make it easier to clean afterwards..
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:07 am

Nice toy!
You gonna part your 450 out? I'm always in search of parts. lol.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:50 am

oldmustangjunkie wrote:
Nice toy!
You gonna part your 450 out? I'm always in search of parts. lol.

No I let it go bro! He gave me a good deal for it so I traded it in as is. I do got some extra parts laying around if you are interested..
Back to top Go down
roadiestar
Lite Mudder
roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Congrats your going to enjoy the hell out of it. I owned a Rhino 450 also never had a problem with it. Not to sound like a *** but welcome to the world of repairs.
Just get ready to replace A arm bushings as part of regular maint.
But you will love it anyway. I jumped the RZR Train! 789354
Back to top Go down
xcracer
Lite Mudder
xcracer

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm

congratz on new ride I jumped the RZR Train! 882448
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Do all of the RZR's have grease fitting for the a-arm bushing? I notice mine has them and was just wondering if it may have been a change to help make them last longer...
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
Do all of the RZR's have grease fitting for the a-arm bushing? I notice mine has them and was just wondering if it may have been a change to help make them last longer...

Yes they all have them, alot of guys are adding some to the hubs so they can grease those too.
Why they don't come with those are a mystery, should be standard on all bushings.
I grease mine after every ride, grease is cheaper than bushings, and be sure to grease the one on the rear yoke of the front drive shaft.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:49 pm

RedRzr wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:

Yes they all have them, alot of guys are adding some to the hubs so they can grease those too.
Why they don't come with those are a mystery, should be standard on all bushings.
I grease mine after every ride, grease is cheaper than bushings, and be sure to grease the one on the rear yoke of the front drive shaft.

I jumped the RZR Train! 169520 so any more tips or must haves for a newbee?
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Make sure that your front in is engaged before you hammer it, takes some getting use to, but once it hooks up, you go places.. Very Happy

Thought I would not like this, but getting use to it.

Edit: Always help to have the 4 wheel drive switch on to. I jumped the RZR Train! 9695
Back to top Go down
Sponge
Moderate Mudder
Sponge

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:05 pm

I found that if you are moving and want to shift into 4 wheel drive you have reduce your rpms to below 3500 before it will engage. This is to protect the drive train.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Great info guys keep it coming! I need educated... I jumped the RZR Train! 9695
Back to top Go down
Foxracing74
Beginner
Foxracing74

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Another tip is if u ever take your front axles out of the front differential spray some anti seize on them before you put them back in the differential as this will make the ALOT EASIER to get out and u wont have to take whole Diff out, I forgot to this last time and mine are stuck in their so I will have to take whole diff out to get axles loose Sad Also another good tip for front diff is if u ever have to take diff out u have to knock a roll pin off the drive shaft that is connected to the front diff, instead of putting a roll pin back in put a bolt and nut in it. The exact dimensions of bolt can be found on rzrfourms by googleing "bolt in drive shaft rzr" or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I jumped the RZR Train!   I jumped the RZR Train! Empty

Back to top Go down

I jumped the RZR Train!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next