HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month

Fuse block relay rating question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

Fuse block relay rating question Empty
PostSubject: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm wiring in a fuse block to my Grizzly 450 that is identical to the one here, however I do not want the fuse block hot with the key off. I'm going to have a set of RI D2's, 1 Dually as a reverse light, grip/thumb warmers, and GPS power. I had originally planned to use a 40 amp 4 wire relay to switch the fuse block, but the D2's came today and they have a 60 amp relay. Should I use a 60 amp relay to switch the fuse block also?
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:28 am

Interesting that the relay is that high current rating. I did not pay any attention to this when I wired mine. But I added a 100 amp water proof circuit breaker right off the battery for all of my accessories to hopefully resolve a short circuit. Then they are wired through the normal 20 amp fuses etc on the switch panel. Bought the 100 amp circuit breaker at O'relleys for around 20 bucks.

I have a lighted accessory panel that I left hot. So when the key is off, this is still on, hot, intentionally.

Matt, why would you add a second relay? Is this to a new fuse panel? Just wire the one lead to a switchable hot and use the switch? If I am thinking correctly. And think about this for awhile before you drill holes in the vehicle on what all you are going to do. What may be a nice center spot may have should have been pushed to the side to allow room for another switch.

So far, I have dome light switch, GPS switch, 2 way radio switc, and going to wire my backup lights maybe into a switch. The front D2 Duallies I used the factory switch and breaker.

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Yamaha Fender Flares, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skid Plates, Moose Rear Bumper, Back Rest (Flea Market by Brimstone), Hand Guards, Warn Winch, 27" ITP Mudlites or 29.5 Outlwas with AMS Rims.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skids, Moose Fender Flares, Hand Guards, Warn Winch, Rotopax twin 2 Gallon gas carrier, SS12 Stainless ITP Rims, 27" Bighorns
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:35 am

Re-read the psot, is this the fuse panel that you are putting in? Undertand that you are wanting to make the fuse panel keyed.

http://bluesea.com/category/5/21/products/5025

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Yamaha Fender Flares, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skid Plates, Moose Rear Bumper, Back Rest (Flea Market by Brimstone), Hand Guards, Warn Winch, 27" ITP Mudlites or 29.5 Outlwas with AMS Rims.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skids, Moose Fender Flares, Hand Guards, Warn Winch, Rotopax twin 2 Gallon gas carrier, SS12 Stainless ITP Rims, 27" Bighorns
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 am

Reread the post again, now see this is for the Grizz not Big Blue....disreguard my first post.

Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 am

I need coffee. Fuse block relay rating question 9695

Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:47 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuse block relay rating question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: General Discussion :: Tips, Tricks, and how to!-
Jump to: