Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?

Go down 
+9
Big-R
gip
CNC_guy
dino
Sponge
Big Dog Daddy
DrMud
RedRzr
ZillaRzr
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sponge
Moderate Mudder
Sponge

Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?   Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 am

Carl has received 2 estimates for insurance so far. It comes in about 10K per year. If you do the math it would be $100.00 for every 100 members. This is only an estimate and could change if Carl puts any of his own $$$ and who ever else wants to keep the area open LEGALLY. It does come at a bad time when the economy is bad and people are having a tuff time making ends meet.
Back to top Go down
ZillaRzr
Lite Mudder
ZillaRzr

PostSubject: Re: Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?   Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:56 am

Well, ........I'll be one of the 100 people if need be.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?   Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:21 pm

I paid 250 to ride a local ride park 800 acres last year, Picket has the palce beat hands down.
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?   Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:06 pm

If this come about will there be gates to keep the non payers out then will it be a lease ?????? Or are the payers just makin it so every one can ride ?? As Sponge put it MEMBERS pay so how will it work !!Some of this stuff is like openin a can of worms they go every where !!!!!!!! I would pay and then will we be members of Sunnybrook atv club !! This could hurt Carls business only club members could use his place !!! O MY ill bet someone has the answers ?? It would be good if Carl could get on here and answer some of this stuff !!! Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 789354
Back to top Go down
ZillaRzr
Lite Mudder
ZillaRzr

PostSubject: Re: Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?   Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Heres what I think. We have a club which members pay. Non members will have to pay for permit. 3 day pass, erc. Anyone caught riding without permit will be charged with trespass.
Back to top Go down
ZillaRzr
Lite Mudder
ZillaRzr

PostSubject: Re: Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?   Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:52 pm

You buy permit at Carls.
Back to top Go down
CNC_guy
Lite Mudder
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?   Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Carl said that he would have several different "passes" such as yearly, monthly or daily. You would have to have a pass in order to ride. Carl said the lumber company guy told him they would help enforce the passes.

There will also be a lease cost of some sort. That was the whole reason he needed insurance....so he could lease the 3500 or so acres.

Carl's idea of the ATV club is basically whoever has a permit is in the "club". This is not a real ATV club exactly, but if it keeps the place open I'm for it.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?   Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:42 pm

He should set up a fee schedule like brimstone or windrock, he could use those for a guide, he has been to cheap for a long time, I gave him more last time, and refused to take it back, I told him to pay on the insurance with it. I also made sure my guest paid. I reminded him.....in the store.
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
Beginner
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?   Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:54 am

Meeting with Carl at Sunnybrook Labor day weekend Sept. 1 at 9 am to discuss the Picket lease.
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/t6709-pickett-ride-sept-1-9am-central-time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?   Who Loves to Ride at Pickett? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Loves to Ride at Pickett?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2