Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Engine drain plug?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZillaRzr
Lite Mudder
ZillaRzr

Engine drain plug? Empty
PostSubject: Engine drain plug?   Engine drain plug? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Help. My son drained the oil on my rzr s and I changed the filter. Long story short, he unloosened a 13mm bolt, not the hex head under case. What did he drain?
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

Engine drain plug? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine drain plug?   Engine drain plug? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:34 pm

not sure but possibly the transmission, check owners manual and you should be able to find it.
Back to top Go down
ZillaRzr
Lite Mudder
ZillaRzr

Engine drain plug? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine drain plug?   Engine drain plug? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:13 pm

The owners manuel is terrible. Has a pic of engine and its not even the right one.09 manual. Went to dealer today and made mechanic show me everything. Internet guys were contradicting each other. Mechanic told me Polaris tech school told them Polaris likes to keep buyers confused.
They actually threw wrong pic on that manual. Wow. He showed me step by step how to change transmission,t case, engine.
Transmission is drained by a 13mm bolt in the center hole in skid plate. To refill it, use 3/8 ratchet on driver side by trans cable. Ratchet and extension fits in slot. Unscrew this plug. A little to the right and down is another 13mm plug. Remove and fill AGL fluid into larger hole until it comes out smaller hole. Or 14oz.
T Case is drained with hex head bolt thru hole in skid plate on drivers side of center hole. It is filled thru plug with 3/8 socket hole to the right of other filll hole for transmission. You fill hole with AGL fluid until it comes running out same hole.
Engine is drained thru hole on passenger side of center hole with hex head bolt. It is filled thru dipstick tube.
Why can't manual tell u this? I love my RZR S but still a Honda fan.
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

Engine drain plug? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine drain plug?   Engine drain plug? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:33 pm

The more I mess with other brands, the more I like Honda's engineering...
Back to top Go down
ZillaRzr
Lite Mudder
ZillaRzr

Engine drain plug? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine drain plug?   Engine drain plug? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:03 am

Its crazy isn't it? I've been riding since I was 18. If Honda comes out with a UTV sport model, it will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
ZillaRzr
Lite Mudder
ZillaRzr

Engine drain plug? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine drain plug?   Engine drain plug? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:14 am

If you check my signature, you dont see Hondas. I have two foremans.
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

Engine drain plug? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine drain plug?   Engine drain plug? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:05 am

ZillaRzr wrote:
Its crazy isn't it? I've been riding since I was 18. If Honda comes out with a UTV sport model, it will be awesome.

I hear ya! Before I got my Rhino, I went and looked at a Big Red. It was beefy but seemed like it would be too wide and not very good at trail riding.
Back to top Go down
ZillaRzr
Lite Mudder
ZillaRzr

Engine drain plug? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine drain plug?   Engine drain plug? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 am

I like the Rhinos too. They started the whole UTV thing. Yamaha could make a good sport utv too. I've never been a fan of Polaris, but now I have one. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Engine drain plug? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine drain plug?   Engine drain plug? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:13 am

I wish Yamaha would step up the game, My warrenty on the rhino is about up... lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Sponsored content

Engine drain plug? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine drain plug?   Engine drain plug? Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine drain plug?
Page 1 of 1