Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?

Go down 
+13
Bluedevil
possume22
RIDERED
RedRzr
roadiestar
mudslinger
MattN03
Moto92
mudhound
Mud-and-Guts
DrMud
Big Dog Daddy
NCMudman
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder
NCMudman

What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Just figured I'd post this to see what kind of genereal riding everyone does. I have 28" Radial Outlaws, and I'm loving them. I have a total of over 1300 miles on Radial Laws, and they have not let me down at all. The grip suprising well on rock and hardpack, but do not dissapoint in the mud. I like to call them a 'Premier' or 'Extreme' all terrain tire. To me, it's in a class with very slim competition as far as overall performance.

Lets hear yall's stories!!

Last edited by NCMudman on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Original Bighorns
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Original Bighorns
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Lets see scratch

Mud lites were way way to soft
Mud Lite XTR's were a little better but still a little on the soft side
stock maxxas were again to soft
Terracross's were good tires on hard pack and rock but still had a thin side wall
GBC's Grim Reapers were awesome tough as nails and went well in all terrains
Motogrips were excellent on hard pack but took a lot of wheel spin to get traction when it got wet.
Mud Boss's got excellent traction but again a 6 ply tire so a little soft for a sidexside
Dirt Commanders like the grim reapers were 8 ply and tough as nails but more geared to hard pack and light loss stuff
Blackwater evolution another 8 ply tire that looks awesome but my opinion is yet to be determined..

I think thats it to date..

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Big Dog Daddy wrote:
Original Bighorns

same here. is there any other tires out there?
Back to top Go down
Moto92
Extreme Mudder
Moto92

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:13 pm

28x12x12 zillas all four corners

What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? IMG_20110329_171640
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:27 pm

If I had a bigger Grizz, I'd try Pitbull Rockers. Since I don't, I just went to Bighorns...
Back to top Go down
mudslinger
Heavy Mudder
mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:18 am

Mudlite XTR's
Back to top Go down
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder
NCMudman

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:53 am

I loved the Dirt Commanders. I would still have them as my 'sport and play' tire. I ran them when I rode close to the house. They gripped so great.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar
Lite Mudder
roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Bighorns were a flat tire waiting to happen. Way to many flats to count.
Bajacross so far so good much better tire , than the BH.
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Never ran anything but bighorns, did have alot of flats till I increased air pressure, have not had a flat since.
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Im a firm believer in tire pressure .... i will "sacrifice " a little to none at all reduction in traction to keep from having a flat, having said that im running a set of 6ply Quadboss mudbosses with 20 psi zero flats so far... but on the other hand these tires hook up way to good to have on the little 450, its robbing me of what little power i did have, probably going to switch back to the grim reapers
Back to top Go down
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder
NCMudman

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:32 pm

roadiestar wrote:
Bighorns were a flat tire waiting to happen. Way to many flats to count.
Bajacross so far so good much better tire , than the BH.

I believe that you are the first person I've heard say they have had alot of flats about bighorns. Usually the opposite! But hey those Bajacross do look like a stout tire.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar
Lite Mudder
roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:51 pm

I ran 10 lbs in the BH and the same in the BC tires. The only diff is no flats with the BC tires and I have over 800 miles on the BC tires. I hope it stays that way.
I did have GBC Dirt tamers and those were the worst tires ever. Every time I went out I would get at least 1 flat some times 2.
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 pm

I have over 2000 mile on my BH's with no flats yet.
Back to top Go down
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder
NCMudman

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:11 pm

On my Kodiak 450 I have a set of MSTs... Over 2200 miles on them, and they never got a flat. I loved them tires. I put them through alot of crap, and they didn't miss a beat! Only half worn when I sold the ATV....
Back to top Go down
possume22
Moderate Mudder
possume22

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:10 am

roadiestar wrote:
I did have GBC Dirt tamers and those were the worst tires ever. Every time I went out I would get at least 1 flat some times 2.
its funny how some people have bad luck and other people dont ive ridden on my freinds atv with dirt tammers and have road 80 miles in a day and i like them he has never had a flat and had the tires for 6 years or so they show little wear

how is everyones tires holding up and what do you still run since this is a old thread
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 am

I am now running Douglas Moapa’s. The truth is I do not know how they are holding up yet. I have 2 rides on them and they appear to be ok. I will say the ride is a tad stiffer than before.
I ran Bighorns for over 3 years. The best tires I have ever ridden on.

Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 pm

OG Big Horns on my Kodiak 450 and the Terxy4 came stock with Big Horn 2.0's. I'm thinking OG Big Horns or Pit Bull Rockers for the Teryx4 when the time comes to replace the 2.0's.
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:28 pm

possume22 wrote:
roadiestar wrote:
its funny how some people have bad luck and other people dont ive ridden on my freinds atv with dirt tammers and have road 80 miles in a day and i like them he has never had a flat and had the tires for 6 years or so they show little wear

how is everyones tires holding up and what do you still run since this is a old thread

I believe that! I have already had to retire the bg 2.0's from multiple flats. I'm not saying that there bad tires. I am just use to running low tire pressure and it bit me in the @zz. What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? 607262
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:29 pm

bluedevil wrote:
possume22 wrote:
roadiestar wrote:

I believe that! I have already had to retire the bg 2.0's from multiple flats. I'm not saying that there bad tires. I am just use to running low tire pressure and it bit me in the @zz. What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? 607262

I run 14 psi all around on my bighorns, I don't know how much weight you have but I would at least run the 14 psi if I was you.
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 pm

I was running 10-12 psi. they seemed to grip a lot better, but kept getting flats. Now i'm running 15psi all around and the bike weighs 1600lbs. (dry weight)
Back to top Go down
gary197210
Beginner
gary197210

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:43 pm

i have been running 26" swamplites for about a year and the have been great. they do get alittle shakey at full throttle on hard pack.
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:32 pm

I run 25" Bighorns with 13psi all around on my Rhino.
My Rancher has 25" Mud Bugs with about 2psi in them.
Back to top Go down
possume22
Moderate Mudder
possume22

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:40 am

gary197210 wrote:
i have been running 26" swamplites for about a year and the have been great. they do get alittle shakey at full throttle on hard pack.

how are they wearing and what do they measure at trail psi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?   What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

What tires is everybody running?? What's your thoughts?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next