Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month

nails in wood at Dry Hollow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hillbilly Packrat
Beginner
Hillbilly Packrat

nails in wood at Dry Hollow Empty
PostSubject: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Hey you all! This is my first post. Been riding for a long time and been through a few quads doing it. Been riding Dry hollow coming in from Monticello this past holiday week before new years and had a problem with finding a number of pieces of wood wih nails drove thorough them in the bigger water holes along the trails. Never have encountered this before and thought everybody should be on the lookout for these wood pieces. We picked up as many as we found but I'm sure theres more. There wasn't a one of our group that didn't have a flat before we were done riding. hope everyone has a great ride the next one.

Packrat
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:51 pm

that sucks! People just don't understand how dangerous that can be...

My ride: 2015 RZR S 900! Pearl Black

Tell all your good friends www.MAGOffroad.com Its where you want to be.. lol

https://www.youtube.com/mudandgutsoffroad

http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:44 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
People just don't understand how dangerous that can be...

...Especially if they get caught doing it...
Back to top Go down
mudslinger
Heavy Mudder
mudslinger

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:46 am

It takes a pretty sorry person to do something like that trying to damage someones equipment or harm someone
Back to top Go down
CNC_guy
Lite Mudder
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:24 am

A little heads up on that property out there......most of that land (on the KY side) was recently sold by Wayne Lumber/Cumberland Woodlands to a group of out of state investors. Right now, it's anyone's guess as to what they are going to do with the land. There are lots of rumors going around locally, but I was told nobody really knows what's going to happen to the area.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:43 pm

CNC_guy wrote:
A little heads up on that property out there......most of that land (on the KY side) was recently sold by Wayne Lumber/Cumberland Woodlands to a group of out of state investors. Right now, it's anyone's guess as to what they are going to do with the land. There are lots of rumors going around locally, but I was told nobody really knows what's going to happen to the area.

Yea that sucks, could ruin a lot of our riding..

My ride: 2015 RZR S 900! Pearl Black

Tell all your good friends www.MAGOffroad.com Its where you want to be.. lol

https://www.youtube.com/mudandgutsoffroad

Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:16 pm

IMO, most gates and posted signs are for liability purposes. I've went around them and seen workers who waved at me and were friendly, knowing how I got there.
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:25 pm

I don't think it is property owners doing this, I know some was found on other parts, and the owner did not do it, he is the one that found them.

2010 Rzr, E-Z steer EPS, Polaris top, S fender flares, Polaris rear bumper, Custom made rock sliders/tree kicker combo, fold down windshield, HID headlights, EMP HD front bumper w/ 4000 lb. viper elite winch, pair of aux. HID lights, EMP steel A-arm guards, EMP 2" lift
EMP switch panel, EMP diamond plate floorboards, EMP soft glove box,Tusk shoulder bag,Tusk rear window,Cooter Brown stereo,Garmin 76CSX GPS,RedRzr built spare tire carrier, kolpin chainsaw holder, Kenwood 2-way radio w/ frs frequencies,Progressive suspension 425 HD shocks,Polaris brushed aluminum wheels w/ 26" bighorns
nails in wood at Dry Hollow Sigban2
Back to top Go down
CNC_guy
Lite Mudder
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:45 am

I didn't mean to imply that the former or current property owners would do something like this. I'm guessing it's some local knotheads with nothing better to do.

My reasoning for sharing about the land is that I was told off the record that if I wanted my kids to experience riding out there, I better do it now because the future of the area is unknown right now. Then only thing, in my opinion, keeping the area "open" is the fact that there are some land owners with some small tracts scattered throughout the area and they have a right to access their land. What if the group of investors gives them an offer they can't refuse? What's to keep them from closing the whole thing?

Please understand, Wayne Lumber closed some great trails a few years ago that adjoins this property. The tract was leased to a hunting outfit out of Michigan and when they closed it, they put up gates and workers patrolled it for a good year. Any go-arounds or new trails around gates were closed quickly and they meant business. Closing this tract cut off miles of good trails that lead to the northeastern part of Wayne County and then on to other places.

I don't want to seem like a doom and gloom guy, but this place is home to me and this is a very real concern. My hope is that everything remains exactly the same and nobody knows the difference.
Back to top Go down
dino
Moderate Mudder
dino

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:08 am

It is sad that people have to be this way and I would say someone is mad or just mean but if we stop ridding there they win so let s ride. nails in wood at Dry Hollow 880414
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Lite Mudder
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:42 am

oldmustangjunkie wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:
People just don't understand how dangerous that can be...

...Especially if they get caught doing it...

nails in wood at Dry Hollow 9695 nails in wood at Dry Hollow 9695 nails in wood at Dry Hollow 9695
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Lite Mudder
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:47 am

CNC_guy wrote:
I didn't mean to imply that the former or current property owners would do something like this. I'm guessing it's some local knotheads with nothing better to do.

My reasoning for sharing about the land is that I was told off the record that if I wanted my kids to experience riding out there, I better do it now because the future of the area is unknown right now. Then only thing, in my opinion, keeping the area "open" is the fact that there are some land owners with some small tracts scattered throughout the area and they have a right to access their land. What if the group of investors gives them an offer they can't refuse? What's to keep them from closing the whole thing?

Please understand, Wayne Lumber closed some great trails a few years ago that adjoins this property. The tract was leased to a hunting outfit out of Michigan and when they closed it, they put up gates and workers patrolled it for a good year. Any go-arounds or new trails around gates were closed quickly and they meant business. Closing this tract cut off miles of good trails that lead to the northeastern part of Wayne County and then on to other places.

I don't want to seem like a doom and gloom guy, but this place is home to me and this is a very real concern. My hope is that everything remains exactly the same and nobody knows the difference.

We understand your concern ... the same thing just happen here. We could leave right from our house & always went around gates & posted signs to some of our favorite places. Now the Boy Scouts have moved in & they have police patrolling the woods on 4-wheelers & will impound your vehicle. Still some riding in the surrounding area but all the good spots are a thing of the past ... they took 20,000 acres & the police are everywhere!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nails in wood at Dry Hollow   nails in wood at Dry Hollow Empty

Back to top Go down

nails in wood at Dry Hollow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: General Information :: Forum Info-Discussion-
Jump to: