Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Rhino Fender Flares?

Go down 
+2
DrMud
Mud-and-Guts
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Rhino Fender Flares? Empty
PostSubject: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:18 pm

Whos running fender flares and how do you like them? How tough are they?

I am thinking about trying a set on mine.. I had the QuadBoss flares at one time but I think with stock offset wheels they actually stick out a little to far..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:09 pm

I am running flares on the grizz, get as wide as you need but no wider, and make sure that they flex good. Just my experience from the Grizz perspective, A buddy of mine tore off three fender flares in one ride...he had the wider ones...
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:19 pm

DrMud wrote:
I am running flares on the grizz, get as wide as you need but no wider, and make sure that they flex good. Just my experience from the Grizz perspective, A buddy of mine tore off three fender flares in one ride...he had the wider ones...

Ripping them off is why I have been hesitating to get some! My rhino has been on its side several times in rutts and I ain't smart enough to let off of the throttle when it happens... I believe in the saying "Throttle Out".. The QuadBoss flares are solid and tough, I am afraid with them I would rip the plastic before ripping them. I would like to have a set of thin flares so the flares would break before the plastic..
Back to top Go down
dcfox
Moderate Mudder
dcfox

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:42 pm

I don't think a set of flares would do any good at keeping the mud off of me and my passengers...

Rhino Fender Flares? IMG_4915
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:53 pm

I believe you are correct. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:09 pm

dcfox wrote:
I don't think a set of flares would do any good at keeping the mud off of me and my passengers...

They would have to be some wide ones! Rhino Fender Flares? 9695 I don't need nothing that wide.... lol
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:57 pm

dcfox wrote:

Rhino Fender Flares? IMG_4915

How wide is you rhino? Mine measures right at 62 inches wide(in the front outside of tire to outside ) and with the quadboss flares i got from Neil they add nearly 3 inches per side for extra coverage, but the only problem they need to go on down more tward the ground ...
Rhino Fender Flares? Img_3710
Back to top Go down
Moto92
Extreme Mudder
Moto92

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:35 pm

i have the same setup as you david. i have the maier flares on mine. no they dont stop it all but i figured every little bit helps.

Rhino Fender Flares? Bumper
Back to top Go down
dcfox
Moderate Mudder
dcfox

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Mine is 61" wide at the front and 62" wide at the back.
Even if flares would cover...i don't personally care for the look...and wouldn't put them on mine.
If I was that worried about the mud...I'd get something with a completely enclosed cab.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:15 pm

I like the look of the flares! I think some black flares on my white plastics would look good...

How are you liking the maier flares? How are they holding up?
Back to top Go down
dcfox
Moderate Mudder
dcfox

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:08 pm

I think on the right machine...they look great.
I just don't think they would look right on my Rhino.
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:33 pm

dcfox wrote:
Mine is 61" wide at the front and 62" wide at the back.

Are you still running spacers on the rear ? Mine is opposite from yours (62 front 61 rear), I have took the spacers off the rear...
Back to top Go down
dcfox
Moderate Mudder
dcfox

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 am

Mine has the factory recall spacers on it.

Yours is an inch wider in the front because you have 12" wide front tires and mine are 11's.(I'm assuming you have 12's.

In the rear...if you took off the spacers...and have 12" wide tires...that would explain the difference there too.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:51 am

He's got 9's up front! On 8)" wheels with3+5 offsets.
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:37 am

with the 8" wheels and 11" wide tires in the rear mine was right at 64 " wide in the rear ,It looked funny looking so I took the spacers off
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino Fender Flares?   Rhino Fender Flares? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhino Fender Flares?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: Brand Specific :: Yamaha :: For all Rhino's-
Jump to: