Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month

voting

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

voting Empty
PostSubject: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:25 pm

has voting ended

2016 Alpine white Wolverine EPS

Kenwood 2-way radio w/frs frequencies
Super ATV half windshield tinted
Viper Max 4000 widespool winch
2" Super ATV lift
Pyle audio system
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Friends are trying to vote and can't. WTF

Viper Max 4000 widespool winch
2" Super ATV lift
Pyle audio system
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Big Dog Daddy wrote:
Friends are trying to vote and can't. WTF

Do they have atleast one post? You have to have atleast one post to vote!

My ride: 2015 RZR S 900! Pearl Black

Tell all your good friends www.MAGOffroad.com Its where you want to be.. lol

https://www.youtube.com/mudandgutsoffroad

http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Back to top Go down
Moto92
Extreme Mudder
Moto92

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:39 pm

i suggest no more prizes for contests, this is just ridiculous
i though this was a photo contest, not a who can create the most accounts contest
Back to top Go down
arod12
Beginner
arod12

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:43 pm

is it fix
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Moto92 wrote:
i though this was a photo contest, not a who can create the most accounts contest

That's the purpose of the one post to help keep the cheating down, I am not finding one ip with numorous accounts but if using certain providers that changes ip constantly i have no control. I'm not saying anyone is creating multiple accounts but it is possible. I do know we are getting a lot of traffic from links sent by e-mail and a lot from other sites which is a good thing because we are getting a lot of new traffic which will hopefully become active members.

but on another note I think this will be our last sponsored contest for atleast a while. And we may go back to asking moderators to not participate if we get enough participation from other members!

If we have any more we may do a larger minimum post to participate! What does everyone think?

Back to top Go down
Mrs.RedRzr
Lite Mudder
Mrs.RedRzr

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
Moto92 wrote:

That's the purpose of the one post to help keep the cheating down, I am not finding one ip with numorous accounts but if using certain providers that changes ip constantly i have no control. I'm not saying anyone is creating multiple accounts but it is possible. I do know we are getting a lot of traffic from links sent by e-mail and a lot from other sites which is a good thing because we are getting a lot of new traffic which will hopefully become active members.

but on another note I think this will be our last sponsored contest for atleast a while. And we may go back to asking moderators to not participate if we get enough participation from other members!

If we have any more we may do a larger minimum post to participate! What does everyone think?

I think you are the Boss voting 9695 This is like burger king you can have it your way!!!
Back to top Go down
mudslinger
Heavy Mudder
mudslinger

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:47 pm

I think if you wanna keep participation up and wanna keep having contests with prizes then do a contest and whoever participates gets entered into a prize drawing. Just my thought of how to keep people active with no worries of cheating
Back to top Go down
mudmom450R
Beginner
mudmom450R

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:58 pm

I think mudslinger has a good idea with the contest prize drawing. Have voting to determine who makes it to the drawing or have a drawing of everyone who enters. I also agree that having more posts would help keep cheating and those just joining to vote for someone down.
Back to top Go down
sausagehound
Beginner
sausagehound

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Who's going to win this fierce battle!
Back to top Go down
fullthrottle
Beginner
fullthrottle

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:13 pm

its a close one
Back to top Go down
RedRzrEnvy
Beginner
RedRzrEnvy

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 pm

I just registered this week, to this site. (to vote). However, I have really enjoyed looking at the photos and watching some of the videos. My suggestion is to let people vote on the photos like we have done this week. Then let the number of votes be entered into a drawing for each person, however many votes they have. Yes some may have more votes than others, but in the end it will be the luck of the draw.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.BDD
Beginner
Mrs.BDD

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:16 pm

go big dog
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Games are difficult to manage, I like the suprise prize, you just never know when it is coming, other sites require 10 posts to vote........

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Yamaha Fender Flares, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skid Plates, Moose Rear Bumper, Back Rest (Flea Market by Brimstone), Hand Guards, Warn Winch, 27" ITP Mudlites or 29.5 Outlwas with AMS Rims.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skids, Moose Fender Flares, Hand Guards, Warn Winch, Rotopax twin 2 Gallon gas carrier, SS12 Stainless ITP Rims, 27" Bighorns
Back to top Go down
butch450
Lite Mudder
butch450

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Interesting,,, Neil remember what I told you about the 1 post deal lol. Contests are fun for the membership but honestly I feel staff shouldn't be eligible to participate in any of them. I didn't enter this contest simply because I am a staff member elsewhere, that's how strong I feel about it. I also believe contests should be for rewarding current membership and ultimately won't grow a website, but you already know my opinion about that.
Back to top Go down
http://grizzlyriders.com
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:43 pm

butch450 wrote:
Interesting,,, Neil remember what I told you about the 1 post deal lol. Contests are fun for the membership but honestly I feel staff shouldn't be eligible to participate in any of them. I didn't enter this contest simply because I am a staff member elsewhere, that's how strong I feel about it. I also believe contests should be for rewarding current membership and ultimately won't grow a website, but you already know my opinion about that.
I agree.... also we can use the staff to pick winners

4 seat conversion
LETS RIDE ! voting 634495
LIFE IS FULL OF MUD ... GET DIRTY !
Local Weather > http://www.wunderground.com/US/TN/Cookeville.html
http://www.top100orvsites.com/index.php?vote=Mud-and-Guts
Back to top Go down
mudslinger
Heavy Mudder
mudslinger

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:55 pm

I think Neil has done a fantastic job with the site and getting sponsors to give away great gifts. I for one would like to see this continue. I don't think cutting out prizes all together is the best way to keep participation up
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:53 am

RIDERED wrote:
butch450 wrote:

Ridered....I do not want to be the judge...no way...LOL. I would rather be riding, or talking about riding, anything else gets to messy for DrMud. voting 680659 voting 463404

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Yamaha Fender Flares, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skid Plates, Moose Rear Bumper, Back Rest (Flea Market by Brimstone), Hand Guards, Warn Winch, 27" ITP Mudlites or 29.5 Outlwas with AMS Rims.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skids, Moose Fender Flares, Hand Guards, Warn Winch, Rotopax twin 2 Gallon gas carrier, SS12 Stainless ITP Rims, 27" Bighorns
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:59 am

An interesting prize idea if possible would be to assign a certain site post number a prize. Only the admin would know what the count number is for the prize, have the screen go You Won! You Won!, you are the 10,000 post or 50,000 post or whatever it is.....

Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 am

RIDERED wrote:
butch450 wrote:

At the beginning I had ask the staff to not participate but with the forum so smalll them participating was the only way to really get participation! Plus the mods don't get paid to be mods and with all their help it is hard to ask them to not participate in these awesome contests, I know they want have a problem staying out of the contests because they are all here to see the site grow and help anyway they can.. And as for the staff picking winners I have thought about that and in the process of offering the mod position to a few other members who I feel will be a great addition to the moderation so in the future we may try something like that.

Back to top Go down
oldman
Beginner
oldman

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 am

good luck big dog daddy
Back to top Go down
cmartino23@hotmail.com
Beginner
cmartino23@hotmail.com

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:43 am

good luck !
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:01 pm

"Scott Polchlopek
looks like the photo contest is more of a popularity contest to me...September 28 at 3:55pm · LikeUnlike.
QuadBoss
Whatever works.....the prizes are good! September 28 at 4:59pm ·"

The above is a quote from facebook, some didn't feel things were going the way they should, Notice what the sponsor wrote in response to his statment.
Like neil said we don't get anything for being a moderator, it would be the same outcome if I were just a member, but atleast I am a active one, I want to see us grow and so do the sponsors. Sorry if I pi_ _ ed in anyones cheerios,
but I will not enter anymore contests on this forum!

Oh and by the way I had nearly 700 votes on that contest. voting 108326

2010 Rzr, E-Z steer EPS, Polaris top, S fender flares, Polaris rear bumper, Custom made rock sliders/tree kicker combo, fold down windshield, HID headlights, EMP HD front bumper w/ 4000 lb. viper elite winch, pair of aux. HID lights, EMP steel A-arm guards, EMP 2" lift
EMP switch panel, EMP diamond plate floorboards, EMP soft glove box,Tusk shoulder bag,Tusk rear window,Cooter Brown stereo,Garmin 76CSX GPS,RedRzr built spare tire carrier, kolpin chainsaw holder, Kenwood 2-way radio w/ frs frequencies,Progressive suspension 425 HD shocks,Polaris brushed aluminum wheels w/ 26" bighorns
voting Sigban2

Last edited by RedRzr on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:06 pm

If i get 59 votes do I get the shocks ? lol