Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino Empty
PostSubject: SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino   SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:56 pm

SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's

Since day one I have felt the lighting on my Rhino could have been much better, After a month or so of riding I installed a set of 55 watt fog lights which helped but still was not enough. Until I installed these lights from SidexSide customs I didn't realize just how weak they was. These 35 watt HID's (6000k) are so much brighter than stock, they made my 55 watt fog lights nothing more than bumper ornaments. From inside the cab if I have the HID's on you couldn't even tell when I turned the fog lights on and off. These lights come as a kit which includes everything needed to install them, including the mounting bracket. One of the best things about this kit is that it is plug and play which means it plugs into the factory wiring harness giving you full function of the factory headlight switch and you still have both high/low beams. Not to mention they run on 35 watts (per bulb) as apposed to the stock 55 watt (per bulb) lights which yield less drain on the battery and charging system.

Installation of this kit was fairly simple, Installation took less than an hour. First things first I removed my old lights and placed them on the shelf. Next I decided where I was going to mount the mounting plate, I then wired everything up to make sure all my wiring would reach and would not get pinched when opening and closing the hood. Then after testing the lights to make sure everything worked, I drilled four 1/8 inch holes in the corners of the plate and through the frame. Then I installed the supplied four self tapping screws in the holes I just drilled in the plate/frame to secure the plate to the frame. I used zip ties and velcro to finish mounting all the hardware to the plate and secure the Positive/Negative leads going to the battery box.

In conclusion if you do any riding at night I highly recommend you get a set of HID's. These HID's from SideXSide Customs are an excellent investment that could save you from a number of surprises when riding at night due to the increased visibility with them installed.

Stock lights,

SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino SANY3278

SideXSide Customs HID's (same location minutes later)

SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino SANY3292
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Moto92
Extreme Mudder
Moto92

PostSubject: Re: SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino   SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:18 pm

im wanting to get some light but dont know if i want these or bumper mounts. we ride alot of creeks here so im always in mud and hood deep in water.
these have the external ballast correct? so is that going to be waterproof? or am i better off with the foglights that have the internal ballast
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino   SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:01 pm

moto92 wrote:
im wanting to get some light but dont know if i want these or bumper mounts. we ride alot of creeks here so im always in mud and hood deep in water.
these have the external ballast correct? so is that going to be waterproof? or am i better off with the foglights that have the internal ballast

Yes these have the external Ballasts but I think they are waterproof but am not certain.. I have had mine in deep water (and lots of mud and water splash) with no issues so far..

The only issue with mounting them on the bumper is if you have a stock bumper they are a little more prone to being damaged...
Back to top Go down
SXS Customs
Lite Mudder
SXS Customs

PostSubject: Re: SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino   SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:03 am

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
moto92 wrote:

Yes these have the external Ballasts but I think they are waterproof but am not certain.. I have had mine in deep water (and lots of mud and water splash) with no issues so far..

The only issue with mounting them on the bumper is if you have a stock bumper they are a little more prone to being damaged...

They are waterproff...
Back to top Go down
http://www.SXSCustoms.Com
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino   SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:11 am

SXS Customs wrote:

They are waterproff...

Thought so... Don't you have a few pictures on your site with the bulbs under water and still burning?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino   SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino Empty

Back to top Go down

SidexSide Customs Plug and Play HID's for the Rhino
Page 1 of 1