Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

RDC Leveling kit Modified!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

RDC Leveling kit Modified! Empty
PostSubject: RDC Leveling kit Modified!   RDC Leveling kit Modified! EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:47 am

A while back I removed this kit due to it relocating the shocks toward the front of the bike a quarter of an inch. This relocation caused the lower shock bushings to explode because of all the pressure being applied to the front of the lower bushings instead of being applied evenly across the shock bushing.

This weekend at Alpine I found with the new 25 inch tall tires (which measure short at 24.5) that I needed additional ground clearance so last night I modified the kit so it would keep the shocks in a strait up and down fashion. By cutting one of the cross bars into three pieces and only using the outer two. I ground bevels on the outer two for them to clear the welds on the stock frame so they could lay smooth against the frame for additional support..

Here is what the kit originally looked like.

RDC Leveling kit Modified! SANY3704

This is with the kit modified (pay no attention to the dirty parts, it you were at Alpine I am sure you understand lol)

RDC Leveling kit Modified! GOPR0302

This is mounted.

RDC Leveling kit Modified! GOPR0306
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: RDC Leveling kit Modified!   RDC Leveling kit Modified! EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:55 pm

I think that will work out alot better... RDC Leveling kit Modified! 882448
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: RDC Leveling kit Modified!   RDC Leveling kit Modified! EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 pm

RIDERED wrote:
I think that will work out alot better... RDC Leveling kit Modified! 882448

We will see!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RDC Leveling kit Modified!   RDC Leveling kit Modified! Empty

Back to top Go down

RDC Leveling kit Modified!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: General Discussion :: General Atv/SxS Discussion and Product Reviews.-
Jump to: