Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Back in Training

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

Back in Training Empty
PostSubject: Back in Training   Back in Training EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:22 pm

After a one year absence from any substantial riding (means you go wherever the trail goes and no turning around), I spent the Saturday retraining on RZR driving with Redrzr at Blue Holler Offroad Park.

Really the park trails are well maintained and there might only be three steep spots that are optional, the rest are very easy.

Anyway, the first steep spot, I backed up Back in Training 634495 and got a second opinion...Redzr just bounced over the side of the clift "trail" and said "it will be ok" Back in Training 108326 . See one do one, I followed. His only comment, "we need to get you out riding more" lol.

We did a couple of other spots that if I had not seen it done, it would not have been done. lol

But overall, a great day in the woods, and I am ready to start heading east and start do some riding again. Back in Training 9695 My riding skills have regressed, I will need to get used to boulder rock riding again. The skill or is it "sack" hopefully will come back pretty fast.

Sorry no pics.

Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

Back in Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Training   Back in Training EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:33 am

any riding is good riding
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Back in Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Training   Back in Training EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:23 am

Thats awesome bro! I can't wait till 2015! I am hoping for a really good riding season!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

Back in Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Training   Back in Training EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:44 pm

We just need to go.  

That group ride at Ride Royal Blue was a lot of fun a few years ago, maybe we should plan another.

And a group ride at Blue Hollar will be pretty safe and easy.  We rode for about five hours and rode most everything.  The EPA shut down a creek trail that will be re-opened soon as they get a bridge crossing built, that will  open another hour or so of trails.

A group day ride, then a fire hotdog deal just before dark, then a couple more hour night ride would be real good at Blue Hollar. (There are some rock crawler spots if a person really wants to play.)
Back to top Go down
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder
NCMudman

Back in Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Training   Back in Training EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Doc believe it or not I was kinda in the same boat to a degree as you this past weekend riding in the rough stuff. I haven't done anything real technical since March, and even then I had my big rear box on so therefore wasn't able to do a lot of hopping around on the atv like I'm used to. So needless to say it took me a few miles to kinda get warmed up and my stride back...

Great to hear you are getting back into the game a little! I'm probably gonna be hibernating a lot this winter as far as big rides, gotta wedding to be saving a few peenies up for
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Back in Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Training   Back in Training EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 8:15 pm

DrMud wrote:
We just need to go.  

That group ride at Ride Royal Blue was a lot of fun a few years ago, maybe we should plan another.

And a group ride at Blue Hollar will be pretty safe and easy.  We rode for about five hours and rode most everything.  The EPA shut down a creek trail that will be re-opened soon as they get a bridge crossing built, that will  open another hour or so of trails.

A group day ride, then a fire hotdog deal just before dark, then a couple more hour night ride would be real good at Blue Hollar.  (There are some rock crawler spots if a person really wants to play.)

X2, wasn't Ride Royal blue the first of 2014? Time sure flies, I can't keep up. I am almost ready though. I should have everything in order by the time it starts warming back up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

Back in Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Training   Back in Training EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 7:54 am

I can miss a week and I get the shakes. LOL!!
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

Back in Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Training   Back in Training EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:29 pm

I can't help but laugh, at another steep spot, I somehow ended up in front again, and I am trying to look off of this thing...... needed a little coaxing from Redrzr before I would start my descent. Just a steep down with no rocks, went fine.

Just a short time again, I was going up stuff this steep with NCMudman on my Grizzly.
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

Back in Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Training   Back in Training EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 6:52 am

Now, some real training would be to just ride. LOL!!!
I had to dog you a bit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back in Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Training   Back in Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in Training
Page 1 of 1