Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Broke sway bar on RZR S

Go down 
+7
Sponge
JodyT
mudhound
TnDan
Redrzrrider
Bluedevil
DrMud
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

Broke sway bar on RZR S Empty
PostSubject: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Might of hit the ditch to fast tonight and broke the sway bar in two. My wonderment is to drive it or fix it any thoughts on risk either way?
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:24 pm

A lot of people just take them off and through them away.
Back to top Go down
Redrzrrider
Moderate Mudder
Redrzrrider

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:46 pm

I prefer to run my rear sway bar, but it's not going to hurt anything to leave it off
Back to top Go down
TnDan
Lite Mudder
TnDan

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Don't spend the money to repair it... just throw the remains away.

I rode my RZR one time with sway bar... then threw it in the back of the garage.

The ride is much better in rough terrain, but makes the RZR a bit more pushy in the front end. It will take a bit of getting used to how it feels on faster hardpack... more body roll and more push... the skinny pedal seems to fix the push.
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 4:05 am

toss it aside and try it
Back to top Go down
JodyT
Moderate Mudder
JodyT

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:29 am

My XP was backed off the trailer and that was the first bolts touched...its been tied up and never used. Doc you will love the ride without that POS!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
Sponge
Moderate Mudder
Sponge

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:55 am

I broke mine twice and the torn the links out of the trailing arms twice on my xp. I disconnected mine on the new machine as soon as I brought it home. 4 less problems. I agree with Jody above.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:21 pm

The sway bar delete is completed. Will going around the mountain sideways increase my roll over point without the sway bar?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Remove it and don't think twice! Do you have a lift? I have the RacerTech and it stiffens the ride up so there is not a lot of body roll!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:24 pm

No lift Neil.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:14 pm

DrMud wrote:
No lift Neil.  
Most good lifts move the top of the shock outwards loosing a little suspension travel but gaining lift and stability.. I like my RacerTech lift, it doesnt offer a lot of lift but it adds stability and lift without changing axle angles at full droop.
Back to top Go down
xcracer
Lite Mudder
xcracer

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:58 pm

rath racing offers a nice sway bar I I just bought one and put on my race bike , its made of solid tube and adjustable but kinda pricey but very tough
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:23 am

I got the Cognito bar and it is similar, a solid tube with adjustable settings..
Back to top Go down
roadiestar
Lite Mudder
roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 5:34 pm

The factory swaybar is adjustable also.  Broke sway bar on RZR S 680659  Ether on or broken or off mine is off and at the dump Broke sway bar on RZR S 789354 
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 9:30 pm

When I had my razor the sway bar came off and it didn't go back on !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broke sway bar on RZR S   Broke sway bar on RZR S Empty

Back to top Go down

Broke sway bar on RZR S
Page 1 of 1