Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Wood Walking Fools!

Go down 
+5
jerrzr
harmonsrhino
buddewizer
Bluedevil
Mud-and-Guts
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Wood Walking Fools! Empty
PostSubject: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:04 pm

This is an awesome video from the SLTC!

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:39 pm

I had a buddy that went through hell week in glasgow. he said that by the end of the week guy's where putting maxy pads on there legs where the climbing spike's rub there legs to keep them from bleeding any more.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:18 am

Bluedevil wrote:
I had a buddy that went through hell week in glasgow. he said that by the end of the week guy's where putting maxy pads on there legs where the climbing spike's rub there legs to keep them from bleeding any more.  
I've never done the maxy pad thing but I have seen it done.. lol
Back to top Go down
buddewizer
Beginner
buddewizer

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:27 pm

From a fellow lineman who has been hooking poles for almost 40 years that is a great video !!
Not as easy as it looks but becomes second nature to you almost like walking across the room .
these linemen schools are GREAT ! our last 6 app. have come from Sommerset & they are well prepared for their future.
Back to top Go down
harmonsrhino
Moderate Mudder
harmonsrhino

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 1:09 pm

great video. remind me of my week of climbing school last year when it was 105 every day. once you learn you dont forget how to climb.

Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 7:44 pm

I love climbing, Its not only an adrenaline rush but it something a lot of people will never do..Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:08 pm

I actually got lucky enough to work with a demonstrator this week who goes around and shows kids what 7200 volts can do. I was lucky enough while he was talking I got to make it go pop and boom! lol I have seen a lot of booms but luckily this was the first time ti was intentional.. Very Happy 

buddewizer what kind of voltage do you guys work? We have 7200 at Tri County but on the NES system we had 4kv, 13.8kv, and 23.9..

Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Do they make yall wear arc flash suits?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:23 am

Bluedevil wrote:
No just rubber up and wear FR clothing.. I would say the arch flash suits are a thing of the future..
Back to top Go down
buddewizer
Beginner
buddewizer

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:28 am

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
I actually got lucky enough to work with a demonstrator this week who goes around and shows kids what 7200 volts can do. I was lucky enough while he was talking I got to make it go pop and boom! lol I have seen a lot of booms but luckily this was the first time ti was intentional.. Very Happy 

buddewizer what kind of voltage do you guys work? We have 7200 at Tri County but on the NES system we had 4kv, 13.8kv, and 23.9..

Our system is a mix of 12 kv & 24kv..our district is about 2/3s 24 kv.
I work for an electric coop in west Ky.
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
Bluedevil wrote:
No just rubber up and wear FR clothing.. I would say the arch flash suits are a thing of the future..
I hope they don't make yall start wearing them. Dana made us wear level ten arc uniforms ALL THE TIME! It really sucked.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Bluedevil wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:
Bluedevil wrote:
I hope they don't make yall start wearing them. Dana made us wear level ten arc uniforms ALL THE TIME! It really sucked.

I am sure face shields are coming two but hopefully that will be a long while!
Back to top Go down
jerrzr
Lite Mudder
jerrzr

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 11:45 am

That reminds me of this scary *** vid.. I cant believe OSHA would allow them to unhook safety lines to climb when they get near the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZZPwJr_c
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:54 pm

A safety on a tower is really hard, one on a pole is aggravating when you got to climb around stuff but on a tower it could be very time consuming. The tallest tower I have climbed is 100ft and honestly that was enough for me, I would rather be in a set of hooks and on a pole anyday.. Them boys got to be tough climbing one that big..
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:17 am

HOW COOL! Not for me. Just call me a land lover
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:45 pm

60 lbs and a new set of knees and new left ankle, I am in. Maybe 75 lbs....lol.

I have lost 15 lbs since I bought the farm, maybe the farm will get this fat boy in shape.
Back to top Go down
Redrzrrider
Moderate Mudder
Redrzrrider

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:13 pm

That farm will keep you busy. I only have 10 acres and there is always something that needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
ledoffroadlights.net
Beginner
ledoffroadlights.net

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:45 am

I like driving
Climbing is not my attention recently
Back to top Go down
http://www.ledoffroadlights.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wood Walking Fools!   Wood Walking Fools! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wood Walking Fools!
Page 1 of 1