Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Pickett important info! I got this email today.

Go down 
+22
cole795
Coyote
LMForester
Dadof4Brats
zukmancdr
GooFlicker
CNC_guy
ky kodiak
imbill
Redrzrrider
RedRzr
MIKE_D
MattN03
TnDan
mudhound
oldmustangjunkie
DrMud
t4fireman
Bluedevil
possume22
Big Dog Daddy
Mud-and-Guts
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dadof4Brats
Moderate Mudder
Dadof4Brats

Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:19 am

possume22 wrote:
you havent been able to ride that area in several years i miss it and hwy 8
That is the area I am speaking about Possume. Wonder what ever happened there.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 12:22 pm

What is KY law on right of ways if a property has been travelled for twenty years? Anybody know?
Back to top Go down
Redrzrrider
Moderate Mudder
Redrzrrider

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:14 pm

The access road to our old hunting lease went through Mead-Westvaco property which is a large timber company in this area. It was an old county road that hadn't been used other then by us for years. When the timber company decided to log the area along this road they wanted to close the road and take it off the county map. They were not able to do this without the owner of our hunting lease permission. They did agree to close it with the understanding they would fix the road after the logging was done. Which they never did. We shared a gate with the timber company. They had their lock on one end of the pin in the gate and we had ours on the other which got cut off a lot also. KY law says you can not be denied access to your property, but if you don't have a deed for a legal right away it might be a fight to access it.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:52 pm

New theme song for Pickett.
Back to top Go down
Redrzrrider
Moderate Mudder
Redrzrrider

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:42 am

Sounds about right
Back to top Go down
Redrzrrider
Moderate Mudder
Redrzrrider

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 2:24 am

Would be nice if we could have a group ride this fall somewhere and discuss Pickett in a so called uncensored atmosphere and even get a little redneck crazy. lol 
Back to top Go down
ZillaRzr
Lite Mudder
ZillaRzr

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Let's Get A Club Going (Which We Already Have) And See What It Cost For Insurance.
Back to top Go down
P-anerman
Beginner
P-anerman

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 9:25 pm

So sad to hear about this latest news concerning what has to be one of the most beautiful riding areas I've ever had the pleasure of seeing.

The timber company/land owner may be concerned about the dangers of people getting hurt around their logging equipment/operation..or interfering with their ability to operate accordingly.  To that I would add that in the past few years, THOUSANDS of acres of timber have been harvested from Brimstones riding area...without incident.   Riding didn't have to cease everywhere.. to allow the timber harvesting of numerous tracks.

If liability is a concern of the Timber Co/landowner...then I would strongly encourage Curt to read KRS 411.190  It was the single biggest factor that convinced Mr. Bennett SR., to allow the usage of his land in Evarts, Ky. for offroad activities.  Likewise, the owners of the land in Bell County and their attorney's were convinced of the ability of KRS 411.190 to protect them from "liability" of those granted access to their land for recreational useage.

KyKodiak, or CNC, have either of you thought about getting Curt on the phone with..or better yet, a sit down with Preston?  He is on the Kentucky State Recreational Board in Frankfort and I'm SURE..he would be MOREEEE than willing to meet with Curt, or landowners.  

So if liability is the issue, the timber company owners are covered.  Period.

If however, (as I fear the case might be) the concerns expressed by the land owners concerning liability issues are just a cover up for their real desire to ban those that enjoy our sport and who love and appreciate the area for it's uniqueness..and keep all OHV's out of the area...then there is nothing "legally" that  anyone can do.

Last edited by P-anerman on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 9:29 pm

^^^^^ great post!
Back to top Go down
CNC_guy
Lite Mudder
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:38 am

P-anerman....long time no talk. Dad was just asking about you the other day and if you were ever going to come down and go squirrel hunting. Grandpa's place is sitting there waiting on you....

I was told by Wayne Lumber that they and their lawyers didn't feel KRS 411.190 would be strong enough to protect a corporation from litigation. It's great for personal land owners, but corporations and businesses are afraid it doesn't have enough teeth. Not saying I agree with that, but that's what I've been told by them and another company that owns some land out where I live. I'm guessing these new owners feel the same way.

I talked with Preston when the land sold but I haven't said anything to him since this new development has come up. Preston could probably help the situation more than anything. Wasn't he working on a trail across southern KY that ran east to west across the state?
Back to top Go down
Redrzrrider
Moderate Mudder
Redrzrrider

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 am

I remember talk of trail connecting eastern and western KY being in the paper a few years ago. I dont remember who was doing it now. It was goin to have places to camp and access to motels, food, and gas along it.
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:43 pm

An answer as to what to do about all this is coming soon. Obama is going to call Putin to see what we should do.
Back to top Go down
cole795
Beginner
cole795

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Ha Big Dog!! Good one
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:01 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=liKhLNY5GYI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DliKhLNY5GYI
Back to top Go down
Dadof4Brats
Moderate Mudder
Dadof4Brats

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Big Dog Daddy wrote:

An answer as to what to do about all this is coming soon. Obama is going to call Putin to see what we should do.
Wonder what kind of riding they have there? Sure is a bunch of unused space. Better take lots of extra gas.
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
Lite Mudder
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:14 pm

man this sucks, I have all the gps tracks and put them together on my gps but never made it up there. from all the videos I really wanted it checked it out. so the area with the car hauler will be gone too right?
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
Lite Mudder
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
RedRzr wrote:
I will respect their decision, but please remind them that we are a small, small group compared to the amount of people that ride pickett, so when gates are torn down and property gets defaced that it is not us that will be doing it Our group I'm sure  is only a drop in the rain bucket, and most of us have to travel at least a couple of hours to ride there, so it would be a wasted trip to drive knowing it is illegal to ride there.
Thats what I told him brother, I think they will have a lot of trouble out of the locals trying to close the land, OI don't think it si worth their time trying to close it I think they will have to reverse their decision. I guess I will be doing some exploring around Alpine before long.. You up for a little alpine ride?
where is alpine area? you have any gps tracks for it?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Mudcon wrote:
Mud-and-Guts wrote:
RedRzr wrote:
I will respect their decision, but please remind them that we are a small, small group compared to the amount of people that ride pickett, so when gates are torn down and property gets defaced that it is not us that will be doing it Our group I'm sure  is only a drop in the rain bucket, and most of us have to travel at least a couple of hours to ride there, so it would be a wasted trip to drive knowing it is illegal to ride there.
Thats what I told him brother, I think they will have a lot of trouble out of the locals trying to close the land, OI don't think it si worth their time trying to close it I think they will have to reverse their decision. I guess I will be doing some exploring around Alpine before long.. You up for a little alpine ride?
where is alpine area?  you have any gps tracks for it?
Alpine in just out of Livingston TN and no GPS tracks that I know of..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Mudcon
Lite Mudder
Mudcon

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 am

cool, we need to get some and I will add them to my master file. how big of a area is it? is it private land?
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:54 pm

People are still parking and riding out of Hancock Grocery. What's the deal .
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:26 pm

We are hoping to find out how much land is affected real soon!
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:28 pm

So are we or aren't we currently riding there ?
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Big Dog Daddy wrote:
So are we or aren't we currently riding there ?
We don't know where the lines are yet so it is hard to say but we will hopefully know something soon. I haven't heard anything about gates yet, they may be waiting till they get the lines marked but I don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:11 pm

During this period are they ok with us riding ? I intend to respect their decisions.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Big Dog Daddy wrote:
During this period are they ok with us riding ? I intend to respect their decisions.
Hopefully Curt will answer that but I am hearing that SunnyBrooke parking is still open so???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pickett important info! I got this email today.   Pickett important info! I got this email today. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pickett important info! I got this email today.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next