Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Brimstone new rules

Go down 
+10
CNC_guy
Sponge
Bluedevil
ky kodiak
MattN03
RIDERED
NCMudman
DrMud
Big Dog Daddy
RedRzr
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

Brimstone new  rules  Empty
PostSubject: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Jeff Bilbrey

I posted the following on brimestones fb page, they are trying to run trails end campground out of business and will not let you ride unless you stay at one of their approved sites(childish).

I'm sorry to inform you that I will not be doing business with you anymore because of your new stupid rules "All Brimstone Resort Passholders must be parked at “Riverside at the Vanderpools” parking area with their resort parking pass installed on rear view mirror or reside at one of the Brimstone sponsored facilities per "
I have been a loyal customer for the past 4 years by buying the annual permit, but if I have to stay in one of your approved sites I will not be able to ride. So I guess I will take my business elsewhere, and anyone else that will join me.

Jeff Bilbrey
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Bunch of bs. BOYCOTT.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:03 pm

WTF, we have reservations at Trails Inn in March. Big Group. I should just move the whole thing to windrock.
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:20 pm

I will still be going to trails end, will just ride wma trails. I think brimstone has done nothing but hurt their business, their catching alot of crap on facebook.
Back to top Go down
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder
NCMudman

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Holy Cow!!!! They best change thier minds REALLY quick!! Or They can forget about me ever going up there again!

I'm gonna hack My GF facebook and add my 2 cents!!!
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Im out at any ride at brimston unless they change their mind
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:09 pm

If you have a fb account check it out
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Just gave them some $h!t. WTF are they thinking.
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 pm

I can't see this helping business...
Back to top Go down
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:27 pm

This is what Brimstone sent me in an e-mail

NEW FOR 2013!!!
• New “beginner friendly” trail area for the kids and family rides. Dudley has built the new trail section off of Trail #3 for beginner riders.
• The “ Powerline MX Zone™” was just completed featuring banked curves, dirt mounds, tabletops, rollers, downhills, sweeping berms and technical sections. It provides enough room for all levels of riders to practice at their maximum potential. It has been developed as a family friendly track for all riding abilities. We are extremely pleased to be able to offer this unique place to ride in addition to our 300+ miles of easy, moderate, and difficult trails.
• A variety of new trails throughout the property have been built to meet your level of expectation.
• Recovery Services. We have a 24/7 recovery service. Charges will apply based on the resources expended and recovery difficulty.
• Brimstone Rewards Program including discounts on local hotels, restaurants, Brimstone swag, and future stays at Brimstone.
• Free Guided Group Rides by local Trail Masters on certain weekends.

BRIMSTONE RESORT

In an effort to expand our offerings and maximize our guests’ experience at Brimstone, we have created an exclusive resort to enhance every aspect of your stay at Brimstone. Whether your accommodations require valet/storage service for your ride or reservations at one of the many cabins throughout the perimeter of Brimstone or an RV spot, Brimstone will handle it all.

Other services will include the following:

ATV/SXS Rentals Hotel Reservations

Trail Guides River Guides

Recovery Services Valet/ Storage Service

ATV/UTV Cleaning Services Catered Meals

Repair and Maintenance Services Restaurant Reservations

Laundry Service Fishing Guides

Wedding Services Honeymoon Suite Packages

Train Ride Reservation (Off Property) Golf Reservations

Horseback Riding (Off Property) Babysitters

Private Chefs

Each Brimstone Resort Passholder will have a parking permit to our exclusive parking area: “Riverfront at the Vanderpools.” This parking area offers a private, secure area to park your truck and trailer with direct access to the trail system. The area is spacious and includes restrooms and a shower house facility.

Access to Brimstone trails and facilities will be limited to those overnight Brimstone Resort Passholders staying only at the following Brimstone Resort sponsored facilities:

Brimstone Retreats Grand Vista Hotel

Comfort Inn Big South Fork Cabin Rentals

Wilderness Retreats Cornerstone

Longhorn Ranch Cabin Rental Oneida Guest House

Unique Mountain Getaways Elk Run Cabins

For day ride and not overnight Brimstone Resort Passholders , parking at our secure parking facility is mandatory and requires checking in at our offices in Huntsville, prior to entry on the Brimstone property.

We have also implemented the “Brimstone Band” resort pass system which offers many benefits to our riders, including:

· Expedited resort pass purchase at the Brimstone Headquarters

· Available online at www.brimstonebands.com

· Vital information is encoded for quick access by security personnel and can include emergency medical information if desired.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

From what I have read and how I understand this is, you do not have to stay at one of Brimstone's approved facilities to ride Brimstone, but if you do then you have the privileges offered by staying with them.

If you stay elsewhere or you just come for the day, then you are required to check in at their office and park at their designated parking area

If I understand this correctly, then this does not seem so unreasonable to me. IMO
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 pm

Access to Brimstone trails and facilities will be limited to those overnight Brimstone Resort Passholders staying only at the following Brimstone Resort sponsored facilities:

You might want to read the highlited part a little closer!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Yeah but they also say For day ride and not overnight Brimstone Resort Passholders , parking at our secure parking facility is mandatory and requires checking in at our offices in Huntsville, prior to entry on the Brimstone property.

so really they have made a place for every one to park. so people aren't parking in the camping area where others have reserved.
Back to top Go down
ky kodiak
Moderate Mudder
ky kodiak

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:23 pm

RedRzr wrote:

You might want to read the highlited part a little closer!!!

I just hope all this gets worked out fast!! I have never stayed overnight at Brimstone as I usually just go for the day, so much of this will not effect me or others that come and ride for the day, but they do need to try to get this resolved for the many others that have their favorite places to stay or camp when they go to ride Brimstone trails.
I would hate to lose such an awesome riding area...but it is looking like unless something is done. or they do a better job of explaining just what is happening they will lose many many faithful customers.
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 pm

its all a ploy to try and get trails ends buisness..its a shame
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:12 am

This could have been managed better, they control the access pass, charge more there then offer a discount package on their properties.

Takes 30 minutes to an hour to stand in line at the front office and get the pass....not interested in doing that every morning.
Back to top Go down
Sponge
Moderate Mudder
Sponge

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 am

Who wants to go to that little office and wait for a parking pass? I don't know of any other place that does this. I bought an annual pass already but if I new this was coming I wouldn't have. I will be riding the WMA ONLY & the ----
with them. Even if they FIX this just the thought of them doing it has ruined it for me. There is my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:06 pm

There is a lot of great and free riding in Bell Co, KY for those who don't live to far from there.
Back to top Go down
CNC_guy
Lite Mudder
CNC_guy

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:25 pm

To me, it seems like bad business. You have Royal Blue and Windrock that is close to the area and very good alternatives. Why would you do anything at all to alienate potential customers?

I could understand partnering with certain properties and offering a discount if you stay at one of the partner properties or something of that nature...I just can't see making people trailer their rides to certain parking areas just because they aren't staying at one of the approved places. I'm not sure the city of Huntsville had that in mind either when they allowed ATVs on some roads.
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Its funny they have took down all the posts on their page... its a shame their doing this
Back to top Go down
RedRzr
Heavy Mudder
RedRzr

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Her is a link to a new facebook page, everyone needs to check it out !!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Brimstone-Recreation/100757926776078
Back to top Go down
RIDERED
Over the Top Mudder
RIDERED

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:29 pm

I dont know what danny phillips has to do with brimstone but after the other night he had unfriended me on fb...lol but the hospitality that trails end had showed me ill support yhem to the end...
Back to top Go down
JodyT
Moderate Mudder
JodyT

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Danny is AKA Stakk...he is Brimstone's Mouth Piece on the forums...he usually winds up sinking his foot in his mouth up to his hip. IMO you didn't loose much!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:20 am

I voiced my opinion on this on their facebook page. I told them they could still make this a positive for them and everyone else. My idea was to have discounts for the ones staying in their “APPROVED” areas. “Hey, if you stay with us we will discount your pass by $5. Or, for every 3rd night we will wash your ATV for free.” They still have a chance.
Please note: The above quote was my own. LOL

Back to top Go down
damn yankees
Moderate Mudder
damn yankees

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:41 am

What the freak ?
Back to top Go down
mudhound
Extreme Mudder
mudhound

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:12 pm

They can kiss my grits Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone new rules    Brimstone new  rules  Empty

Back to top Go down

Brimstone new rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next