Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0

Go down 
+3
Big Dog Daddy
DrMud
projectrazr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
projectrazr
Beginner
projectrazr

Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 am

Just wondering what the difference is between the two besides weight
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:24 pm

no flats vs flats. -laughing-dog-
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Taller wider lugs on the originals. Hence a bit taller and heavier tire.
Go withe originals. Somewhere on the net I seen a diagram explaining this.
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Yep the OG BH has deeper tread depth and wider lugs. I'd recommend the OG BH unless weight is a concern. My 450 Grizzly pulls 25" OG BH with no problems though. My Teryx 4 came with 2.0's and no issues with them after 330 rocky miles, but I'll put OG BH on it when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
projectrazr
Beginner
projectrazr

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 pm

How does the tries sizes run I have a stock 2013 rzr s and it has 27s on the itp 900 xct tires are the 27 regular bighorns about the same size or bigger
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:53 pm

The OG's run big, I think my stock bighorns measured 26.5.. maybe slightly bigger... I sold the bighorns right off the bat and went with GBC's, I think GBC's 8 ply tires are the toughest on the market and I have a pet peave about plugging atv tires... I will probably end up with a set of the 27" GBC Dirt Commanders for my go to tire on the RZR!

Congrats on the new bike! Be sure and give it a good look over I am finding a lot of little issues with mine but nothing to hard to fix...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
roadiestar
Lite Mudder
roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 pm

I had Bighorns and I got real good at plugging tires. Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 538856
Back to top Go down
projectrazr
Beginner
projectrazr

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:12 pm

K what all have u found that u have had to fix
Back to top Go down
roadiestar
Lite Mudder
roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:17 pm

projectrazr wrote:

Sidewalls all the time never had a flat in the tread area . I think I had 4 or 500 miles on them and threw them out the holes were to big in the sidewalls to plug. I started using tubes but was still getting flats in the sidewalls.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:28 pm

I love my Bighorns, ride good, drive good, never had a flat, running them on three machines. Goof ground clearance too. I am interested in a tire that have proven to be better.
Back to top Go down
projectrazr
Beginner
projectrazr

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 pm

What about the Sti Rocktane or the kenda bear claws htr has anyone ran them yet
Back to top Go down
Bluedevil
Heavy Mudder
Bluedevil

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:08 pm

roadiestar wrote:
projectrazr wrote:

Sidewalls all the time never had a flat in the tread area . I think I had 4 or 500 miles on them and threw them out the holes were to big in the sidewalls to plug. I started using tubes but was still getting flats in the sidewalls.

I also have had to plug the side walls in two of my bh 2.0's. but they where my fault. i caught a cedar tree stump with my back tire and pinched one of the front from low air pressure. I was running 10 psi in them. so i went up to 15psi. now i cant go anywhere. i guess i'll keep trying different pressures. i do have a heavy bike though. (1600lbs)

There are a lot of rzr's running the original bighorns. so they must do good on them.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:13 pm

I have had flats on everything I have ever owned except GBC's 8 ply's.. Never had a flat on either of them.. At Pickett on the Dirt Commanders I hit a rock head on which busted the steering wheel and put a dent in my Diablo beadlocks but never had a flat tire.. I run 15psi..
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Busted a steering wheel? Ouch!
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 pm

MattN03 wrote:
Busted a steering wheel? Ouch!

Yea shattered the steering wheel on the rhino, I rode out with vise grips! Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 634495
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:35 pm

projectrazr wrote:

My bike is the same as Dr's a 2013 RZR S LE Blue Fire

one of the welds on the cage do not go all the way around, no big issue but got me to looking everything else over good..

The right lower rear a-arm bolt is hitting the crank case... Going to cut the bolt off flush with the nut for more clearance..

The Radiator hose is hitting my winch... Going to replace it with a longer lower hose...

The breather vent is a poor design... I will probably do as DrMud has done to fix it..

was removing the factory seat bases from the factory seats and found I had to cut the head off one of the torx bits to get it out.. The nut pressed into the seat base was spinning..

Found an extra shifter bracket in between the floor board and the skid plate, I assume since my bike has one that this was dropped on assembly and they just didn't take the time to get it out!

I'm sure thats not it but thats the jist of it for now... makes me nervous about riding this thing...
Back to top Go down
projectrazr
Beginner
projectrazr

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:07 pm

What color was the bracket that u found
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 pm

projectrazr wrote:
What color was the bracket that u found

It is black..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0   Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Difference between bighorn and bighorn 2.0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mud and Guts Offroad Forum :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: