Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Fuse block relay rating question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

Fuse block relay rating question Empty
PostSubject: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm wiring in a fuse block to my Grizzly 450 that is identical to the one here, however I do not want the fuse block hot with the key off. I'm going to have a set of RI D2's, 1 Dually as a reverse light, grip/thumb warmers, and GPS power. I had originally planned to use a 40 amp 4 wire relay to switch the fuse block, but the D2's came today and they have a 60 amp relay. Should I use a 60 amp relay to switch the fuse block also?
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:28 am

Interesting that the relay is that high current rating. I did not pay any attention to this when I wired mine. But I added a 100 amp water proof circuit breaker right off the battery for all of my accessories to hopefully resolve a short circuit. Then they are wired through the normal 20 amp fuses etc on the switch panel. Bought the 100 amp circuit breaker at O'relleys for around 20 bucks.

I have a lighted accessory panel that I left hot. So when the key is off, this is still on, hot, intentionally.

Matt, why would you add a second relay? Is this to a new fuse panel? Just wire the one lead to a switchable hot and use the switch? If I am thinking correctly. And think about this for awhile before you drill holes in the vehicle on what all you are going to do. What may be a nice center spot may have should have been pushed to the side to allow room for another switch.

So far, I have dome light switch, GPS switch, 2 way radio switc, and going to wire my backup lights maybe into a switch. The front D2 Duallies I used the factory switch and breaker.

Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:35 am

Re-read the psot, is this the fuse panel that you are putting in? Undertand that you are wanting to make the fuse panel keyed.

http://bluesea.com/category/5/21/products/5025
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 am

Reread the post again, now see this is for the Grizz not Big Blue....disreguard my first post.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 am

I need coffee. Fuse block relay rating question 9695
Back to top Go down
MattN03
Heavy Mudder
MattN03

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:47 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuse block relay rating question   Fuse block relay rating question Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuse block relay rating question
Page 1 of 1