HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month

Share | 

Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder

PostSubject: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:44 pm

I talked RedRzr in to guiding a five person ride friday. Redrzr and friend Bill, (No Patches...probably not happy when he got home), NCMudman, Ronald and wife Lisa and son Shawn, and me. We rode mostly red trails from 9 am till 4 pm. (Redrz please fill in the ____________),

The group traveled well on some difficult trails, The rented Honda that Shawn was riding stalled on a steep section then ran fine the rest of the day, That was petty much the only mechanical issue. Redrzr maybe a friday ride report?

NCMudman and I did a night ride in the east section friday night. Rode 25, 23, 25, 27 loop, plus a few private driveways, and some county roads and a private camp, we lost a turn, but we made it. Good ride overall, one pretty rocky hill, Did see a Hatfield Cemetery which might be interesting to go look at sometime. Got back in around midnight for a total of 66 miles.

Saturday: NCMUDMAN and I rode. We covered trail 1, to red 4 (pretty trail), to road, stopped for photo op, back in blue 88, red 102, Took a picture at waterfall.

and another....those photo of the month contests....gotta be ready.....lol

red 87 south to road, 89 blue which is now a red according to office, NCMudman tapped a new red trail, reportedly uneventful, just goes to top of hill, short loop, I took a break, no coffee this morning....we tapped 43 blue, 93 blue, 91 blue, and back outsame as the last group ride there...I think?, went up Red 90, shot some multiple angle video, bad spot has been filled in with rocks, NCMudman scooted them back out of the way for me....lol,, .

took 43 blue to 92 blue overlook, stopped for lunch break,

spotted from our overlook a group coming out of 75 red, took 92 blue to shortconnect on 43 blue,met group while they were changing a spark plug, stopped and visited, they took pics of my map, they left theirs at camp, I took pictures of them taking pictures...of my map...we all laughed, talked shop, hunting...how was the trail, they were riding doubles on some atv's,....they said 75 red is "nothing to that trail"...they came up it.

We go down 75 red, take 75Y for a look see, stopped were it gets pretty steep, about 2000 more feet according to my GPS, NC' goes up the mountain for a look, I take a nice break...

.back out 75Y the way that we came in, down some steep spots on 75 Red, other group must be some "good riders". pick up 97 red, fun trail back up the mountain to 43 blue on to the top of 75Y, and ponder the possibilities, wonder about winching....admire all of the trees with bark missing....lol....

back down 43 blue to 93 blue, red 112, met 2 stop and talk to at the bottom to some 2 guys in sideby sides, and along came two trials type of dirt bike riders, these guys are set up to ride...anything, visit for awhile, break was nice, motorcycles are looking for harder trails, get directions to head to 44y, we follow from far back...., pick up red 113 to blue 108, blue 107, find blue 111, to 44y, go up 44y, gets a little steep and narrow in spots.....make it to the base, ponder the moment...we both walk to the top for a look see, ponder some more, then decide to use a skinny line on the front, have video, multiple camera angles, if it went well we had it and if it didn't, we still had it.....lol....new deal to me winching vetical, not pretty, but we survive, Here is the video.

next level, use the motorcycle guys tires as a track plan, NC' shoots up, no problem...I almost took a tree out at the top, at some point quad pulled to the right on the run up, thought it would miss in that fraction of a second before impact or hard stop in a bad spot, would have just probably ruined my day, either decision,and maybe the next few months...miss the tree...an inch a foot, it is all good... now go on to this sloping trail, I again bravely send NC' first, but we did winch mine up the mountain first, then i pulled him up, so fair is fair....I guess his winch acting up might have been a factor too.....lol, he makes it with some sliding sideways towards the edge, then I do the same with more sliding towards the edge, we both later regret not filming that section ( I discover later that I left the helmet cam on), just a short steep run out and wea re sitting ogain on blue 44.

Take a trophy pic of the sign.

take 44 back to blue 43 to blue 89 which is now a red trail, meet a nice family slugging there way up 89, their second time out, brought the whole family, wives, young kids,...all riding their own bikes...getting it done...

Take blue 89 to the creek, flush out my radiator with Sponges squirt gun, my radiator was boiling when we got to the last base spot on 44y, before skinny wire, little bit of grade maybe?.....run road back to blue 2, to red 4, NC does a photo vid section on a big rock, we hit a few mudholes, not many, was in some of them day before in the afternoon...some are "deep". Let me help you, I stepped of my Grizz so it would float up and come out of the hole that I was getting stuck in.....have video..picked up 1 green to camp, went and ate.

Disclaimer: this story is like a good fishing story, each time told, I reserve the right make the mountains steeper, the holes deeper, and the rocks bigger....lol

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Yamaha Fender Flares, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skid Plates, Moose Rear Bumper, Back Rest (Flea Market by Brimstone), Hand Guards, Warn Winch, 27" ITP Mudlites or 29.5 Outlwas with AMS Rims.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skids, Moose Fender Flares, Hand Guards, Warn Winch, Rotopax twin 2 Gallon gas carrier, SS12 Stainless ITP Rims, 27" Bighorns

Last edited by DrMud on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:55 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 pm

sounds like a good time !
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:55 am

2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Yamaha Fender Flares, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skid Plates, Moose Rear Bumper, Back Rest (Flea Market by Brimstone), Hand Guards, Warn Winch, 27" ITP Mudlites or 29.5 Outlwas with AMS Rims.

2009 Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Skid Plates, Yamaha Front Brush Guard, Moose Rear Bumper, Rock Sliders with Richochet Skids, Moose Fender Flares, Hand Guards, Warn Winch, Rotopax twin 2 Gallon gas carrier, SS12 Stainless ITP Rims, 27" Bighorns
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:39 am

good vid thanks for sharin !!!!
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:06 pm

keep adding vids and pics to the story line, expect as much on your next ride imbill......lol

Back to top Go down
mudslinger
Heavy Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:56 am

I added this video to the story line, covers the top of 44Y Red trail.

Back to top Go down
NCMudman
Heavy Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Had a blast this past weekend!! Awesome vidoes DrMud... I will eventually get my vids up!!
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:39 pm

DrMud wrote:
keep adding vids and pics to the story line, expect as much on your next ride imbill......lol
if you saw the pics i take you wouldnt want them i get feet and back of folks head IM NOT A CAMERA PERSON and im glad you are ;o) i guess the best of mine was the mud fight with the 2 ladies !!
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Last guy that I saw in a mudfight with a lady ended up with her holding his head under water in the mud....sad...just sad....

Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:24 am

Pretty good Short Clip video set to the sounds of Buddy Miller, SOmewhere Trouble Won't Go

Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:14 am

As always a great video my friend! Thanks for sharing!

My ride: 2015 RZR S 900! Pearl Black

Tell all your good friends www.MAGOffroad.com Its where you want to be.. lol

http://www.youtube.com/mudandgutsoffroad

http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012   

Back to top Go down

Brimstone Ride Report June 15, 16, 17, 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1