Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top) Empty
PostSubject: Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top)   Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:01 pm

First of the week my crew had to do hurt man rescue so i set the camera up and made a little video..

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=320853737938399
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top)   Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top) EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 pm

I was going rappelling years ago and came upon a girl who's hair had become caught in her 8. I pitched my rope and descended down to her. I tried repeatedly to get her to assist me in getting her of the the rope but she was a total soup sandwich from the pain and overall fear. I finally got frustrated, hooked to her lap belt with a strap from mine and cut her rope. She fell about 5' before the slack was taken up and she came to an abrupt stop. I've never seen anyone look so scared. She had lost all reason and situational awareness like a wounded animal. I quickly rappelled down, unhooked her, attached my up gear and was out of there. I looked down while taking a breather. She was still lying on the ground crying hysterically. Good times. I hadn't thought about that incident until I saw this video.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top)   Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:03 am

A lesson that i learned from a bad wreck when i was young, even if it is going wrong keep working the problem. Unfortunately, I tend to do this best when it really is hitting the fan.
Back to top Go down
oldmustangjunkie
Moderate Mudder
oldmustangjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top)   Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:13 am

DrMud wrote:
A lesson that i learned from a bad wreck when i was young, even if it is going wrong keep working the problem. Unfortunately, I tend to do this best when it really is hitting the fan.

Good thinking. The best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing. Everything else falls somewhere in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts
Admin
Mud-and-Guts

PostSubject: Re: Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top)   Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 7:49 am

oldmustangjunkie wrote:
DrMud wrote:

Good thinking. The best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing. Everything else falls somewhere in the middle.

That's right!

We had a lot of fun practicing but if ever needed we know what to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

PostSubject: Re: Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top)   Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:24 am

A ggod example was Neil's recent near rollover, almost went real wrong, but he kept working the problem, and produced a save instead of a roll. The challenge is to keep thinking, sometimes reacting. (Muscle memory helps.....lol)
Back to top Go down
imbill
Extreme Mudder
imbill

PostSubject: Re: Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top)   Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top) EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:23 pm

we need tp pray for the DUMMY !!!!!!! When i was a lot younger i lived in southern calif. and was a lineman we did this drill with a real person and he had no handline attached so you had to take a handline and attach it above him and support him with handline then go below him and remove his hooks so you wouldnt get gaffed then come up under him and support him on your safety belt ( now the fun ) now your hooks are burried in the pole to the hilt and you are to lift his weight off your belt with hand line so you can work down pole about a foot and then lower him to your safety again then do the mess all over again till he is to the ground after the first few lifting him ( pretend ) anouther crew was to arive and take over hand line and then you just walked him down as guys on ground lowered him !!!! I weighted 150 guy was 260 so i was beat when done BUT we were showed it could be done !! The reason to stop anf support him each tme was to check if he was still breathing and then go from there !!! Later we were tought CPR with themon your safety BUY we did that about 3 foot off the ground not 35 like the other was done !!! LONG WINDED !!! In our lives im sure we all have had neat experiences and its good we can share them !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top)   Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurt Man Rescue! (pole top)
Page 1 of 1