Mud and Guts Offroad Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Mud and Guts Offroad Forum/family!! www.mudandgutsoffroadforum.org
Happy Trails!
Top posting users this month
No user

voting

Go down 
+16
cmartino23@hotmail.com
oldman
RIDERED
butch450
DrMud
Mrs.BDD
RedRzrEnvy
fullthrottle
sausagehound
mudmom450R
mudslinger
Mrs.RedRzr
arod12
Moto92
Mud-and-Guts
Big Dog Daddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ghostrider
Beginner
ghostrider

voting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:13 pm

lol BDD Good One
Back to top Go down
butch450
Lite Mudder
butch450

voting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Mud-and-Guts wrote:
RIDERED wrote:
butch450 wrote:
Interesting,,, Neil remember what I told you about the 1 post deal lol. Contests are fun for the membership but honestly I feel staff shouldn't be eligible to participate in any of them. I didn't enter this contest simply because I am a staff member elsewhere, that's how strong I feel about it. I also believe contests should be for rewarding current membership and ultimately won't grow a website, but you already know my opinion about that.
I agree.... also we can use the staff to pick winners

At the beginning I had ask the staff to not participate but with the forum so smalll them participating was the only way to really get participation! Plus the mods don't get paid to be mods and with all their help it is hard to ask them to not participate in these awesome contests, I know they want have a problem staying out of the contests because they are all here to see the site grow and help anyway they can.. And as for the staff picking winners I have thought about that and in the process of offering the mod position to a few other members who I feel will be a great addition to the moderation so in the future we may try something like that.

One of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make as a staffer on any website is contest staff eligibility. For the same reason you posted above. I have never been a staff member on any site where any of the staff gets paid. Would definitely be nice though. There are very few websites out there who pay their staff and the list grows shorter every day. Even corporations that own some of the bigger websites in the motorsports industry are stripping down their staff and paying freelancers instead for generating content. Regardless, when staff members are allowed to participate it usually turns into a popularity contest which is unfair to the membership as a whole.
Back to top Go down
http://grizzlyriders.com
rzrrdr
Beginner
rzrrdr

voting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

voting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:51 pm

7 more votes and those tires are mine !!! lol
Back to top Go down
DrMud
Over the Top Mudder
DrMud

voting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:35 am

RedRzr, I have just completed a 10 step Contest Recovery Program from the last months contest over at Butch450's place. ..lol....Process takes 30 days, kinda like breaking something expensive on the ATV/UTV, take it easy for awhile, then start riding hard again. You will be alright.

As the site grows, who gets to play may need to be reconsidered. or left alone, not my call. My particpation or lack of is soley motivated by what is best for the site, for growth, headaches, and most importanlty keeping this site fun. Because my next favorite thing to riding, is talking about riding.

Popularity contest??? If ANYONE has ever rode or met Redrzr, you wil not ride with a nicer, kinder person, who will be in the middle of the sh!t trying to get you either through it or out of it. And, who usually always posts up an incredible picture.

We all need to get out there and ride and take some pictures and vids and post up. voting - Page 2 728588

Last edited by DrMud on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Big Dog Daddy
Extreme Mudder
Big Dog Daddy

voting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:06 am

X2 on Redrzr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

voting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: voting   voting - Page 2 Empty